Yves Bissouma

Corleone

17 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Agreed - would really love Bissouma but we are not a disaster without him. We should really have got a better result against Chelsea too. Very even game, except for defense not being able to handle Lukaku. 

Fine margins and we keep coming out the wrong side of them. We’re not trying to push into mid table we’re trying to get into the European places and compete towards the top of the league and in the cups. Not being a disaster isn’t the mindset of NSWE or Steven Gerrard. It seems like the club now have higher ambitions than the fans. Certainly in here anyway. 

• Like 1

It's shocking to see people suggest defensive midfield isn't our last weakness that needs improvement..it's been that way since last summer. Since then Nakamba got better but is now hurt and we know Luiz definitely isn't the player for that role, rather he is better further forwards.

We just bought a left back who is better attacking than defending so surely the need for this position has got even greater now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

i think we were reportedly offering around £40m for JWP at the time. IMHO this guy far better fits the bill for us and is entirely different to anything we have had in our midfield for a long time

tbf, JWP is a good player, but in hindsight we 100% didnt need another number 8, our squad is rammed full of them.

We need a 6, aka Bissouma or similar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

It's shocking to see people suggest defensive midfield isn't our last weakness that needs improvement..it's been that way since last summer. Since then Nakamba got better but is now hurt and we know Luiz definitely isn't the player for that role, rather he is better further forwards.

We just bought a left back who is better attacking than defending so surely the need for this position has got even greater now.

tbf i think the no.6 role has been one of our key weaknesses since we have been back in the Prem.

(im not saying Luiz is bad b4 anyone jumps on me, my point is Luiz is better as an 8, and isnt a proper 6)

30 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Agreed - would really love Bissouma but we are not a disaster without him. We should really have got a better result against Chelsea too. Very even game, except for defense not being able to handle Lukaku. 

We're not a disaster without him, but the positive impact he could make on the team could be huge.

We needed another midfielder in the summer and couldn't do it. For me, it's our weakest area and effects us at both ends of the pitch.

It would be disappointing if we go a second transfer window without rectifying the obvious deficiency in the team, which is why I'm sure Gerrard will be pushing to get a player in for that position.

Fingers crossed it is Bissouma and not Glen Kamara.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

You realise that the only confirmation there is comes from AVFC? All journos are speculating until it's official.

Yep. I do. I was just commenting on the newspaper article that was supposedly `confirmation', but wasn't.

Bucket load of bitterness here about our claims to be a big club when we’re just the 1996 Coca Cola cup winners with rich ‘chinese’ owners 😀

https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/why-losing-yves-bissouma-to-1996-coca-cola-cup-winners-aston-villa-is-not-as-unlikely-as-it-may-sound-3525579

Why losing Yves Bissouma to 1996 Coca Cola Cup winners Aston Villa is not as unlikely as it may sound

Those of you who have not heard where the rumour mill is sending him may be surprised by the destination. Over the past year remember, Bissouma has been linked with Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Real Madrid and Paris Saint Germain.

So, who are the gossip pages saying is going to be his next club? Aston Villa. Yeah, that Aston Villa. The Aston Villa below Brighton in the Premier League table.

Who have finished lower than the Albion in the footballing pyramid for all but one of the past six seasons. And whose fans believe they are one of the greatest clubs in the country still despite their last piece of silverware being the 1996 Coca Cola Cup.

Morre in link ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Bucket load of bitterness here about our claims to be a big club when we’re just the 1996 Coca Cola cup winners with rich ‘chinese’ owners 😀

https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/why-losing-yves-bissouma-to-1996-coca-cola-cup-winners-aston-villa-is-not-as-unlikely-as-it-may-sound-3525579

What a terrific well researched article. I learned so much!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

You just know the guy that wrote that cried all the way through, comedy gold.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Comes across as really bitter and uninformed.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

i think we were reportedly offering around £40m for JWP at the time. IMHO this guy far better fits the bill for us and is entirely different to anything we have had in our midfield for a long time

Yep we were (32 + extras up to 40).

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

If Bissouma was to sign, when would he get back from AFCON?  We currently have 19 games left to play, would he miss many of them?

Depends how far Mali get, and any potential quarantine time he may have to do upon returning.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Depends how far Mali get, and any potential quarantine time he may have to do upon returning.

Mali won yesterday, so good chance he be in Africa even longer.
Is it even possible to sign him in Jan?

Â