Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

There isn't a club in world football who is going to take him at £380k per week. 

I agree.

Do we know what percentage of his wage Bayern paid? I'd assume not full amount as I don't remember too many loans where that happens.

I see no reason why Barca would try and demand we pay the lot now that they are in an even weaker negotiating position than when they loaned him to Bayern. 

I think this will get done, and before the UTD game too. 

You have to remember that Barca can't afford this to drag on for two reasons. 
1. They need to register Torres so the sooner the better.
2. Every day he is there, he is costing them around 50,000 euros (mental).

We're going to do this, I just hope it's a loan that runs for circa 12 months with an option to buy. 

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So we allegedly offered £150k to Greal-hiss to keep him here..

I just can't see how we can sign Coutinho due to his financial demands...

It was just north of 200k.

Sweet! Sounds like all we have to sort out is how much of his salary we'll pay, any potential compulsory clause to buy after the loan and then any potential contract with Coutinho should we buy him.

Should be easy enough :crylaugh:

Just now, Mazrim said:

It was just north of 200k.

It was definitely north or 200k we offered Grealish, which I thought was an unbelieveable amount and would convince him to stay. Then I heard City were offering him north of 300k a week. Incredible sums of money really. 

Just now, John said:

Loved Tim Vickery's comment on Sky that was something like "he could be spending more of his time in the Bull Ring in Birmingham, than at the Bull Ring in Barcelona..." :D

Pretty sure bullfighting is illegal in Catalonia

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Sweet! Sounds like all we have to sort out is how much of his salary we'll pay, any potential compulsory clause to buy after the loan and then any potential contract with Coutinho should we buy him.

You laugh, but the hard part is convincing him to actually come here. 

Once the players wants to join and the board know they can afford said player, its just formalities then.

This will get done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think this will get done, and before the UTD game too. 

You have to remember that Barca can't afford this to drag on for two reasons. 
1. They need to register Torres so the sooner the better.
2. Every day he is there, he is costing them around 50,000 euros (mental).

We're going to do this, I just hope it's a loan that runs for circa 12 months with an option to buy. 

I read recently that Torres has covid and is carrying an injury, and so Barca are in no particular rush to register him. Of course that could just be a load of old pony they came up with to deflect that they are in no position to register him at the moment anyway... 

• Haha 1

I might be missing something here but:

1. If discussions / negotiations are really at an advanced stage, would the stumbling block of salary and who pays what only just be cropping up now? Surely that would be one of the first things on the agenda, given his current wages.

2. Where are the Newcastle links coming from? Is there concrete evidence that we’re going head to head with them, or is it a case of him being linked to them due to their mega-riches?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was definitely north or 200k we offered Grealish, which I thought was an unbelieveable amount and would convince him to stay. Then I heard City were offering him north of 300k a week. Incredible sums of money really. 

Shameful sums. Makes me feel sick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sne said:

I've read all the clauses are finalised.

Apparently Purslow just needs to figure out how to break it to Coutinho that it's Villa he's joining.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â