Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 hours ago, carlitobrigante said:

so frustrating that we weren't even able to squeeze a small transfer fee of say 5 mill or less for him from anybody over the last 2 seasons. And selling to these tin pot poverty Brazilian clubs does my head in.

What an absolutely disastrous signing he turned out to be. And the nice idea i had of stupid rich Saudi clubs swooping in to sign older players for their retirement league doesn't seem to be happening any more either. I think most clubs thought they would be able to cash in with the Saudi league but that well seems to have dried up before we were even able to wet our beak 😞

Transfers like these that go bad, and drain our resources are so so damaging to a club in our position... we simply cant make many mistakes like this, we just don't have the financial head room to absorb them and still sustain what we are doing.  

Makes me dislike Gerard even more. Kamara, Carlos and the like were so obviously suggested by the scouting team, but Coutinho was blatantly Gerard's idea, a pet project and one signing that he pushed for probably against advice, then left us holding a very expensive bag of poo.

Very frustrating when Saudi clubs were spending like crazy, the best that we could do was send him out on loan?? 

A transfer fee was never possible given his wages are nearly double his annual amortisation cost. 

I think Saudi Clubs want top players though not players already well past their peak and lacking star power anymore. 

I think this is a Loan with a contract termination after as he's one year left. I think the club probably would prefer it all in the current years accounts so I'd say we might see something in January when it's Vasco off season to finalise his move 

He seems to be a professional and well liked. He's made every effort to help the club first with his move to Qatar last season and now he's taking a pay cut to go back to Vasco 

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think he knows his legs have gone

Doesn't change anything. Right now he could still be earning £12m a year from Barca or £6m a year from us but he's prepared to give it up to play where he wants to play. 

So many others (Gabby) just see out their contracts not playing, not even involved. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't change anything. Right now he could still be earning £12m a year from Barca or £6m a year from us but he's prepared to give it up to play where he wants to play. 

So many others (Gabby) just see out their contracts not playing, not even involved. 

Gabby earner far far less than Coutinho and that money has to last his lifetime essentially 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Gabby earner far far less than Coutinho and that money has to last his lifetime essentially 

Oh get real.  His earnings would have been multiple millions. He could have lived his life out better than a roll over lottery winner. 

6 hours ago, carlitobrigante said:

so frustrating that we weren't even able to squeeze a small transfer fee of say 5 mill or less for him from anybody over the last 2 seasons. And selling to these tin pot poverty Brazilian clubs does my head in.

What an absolutely disastrous signing he turned out to be. And the nice idea i had of stupid rich Saudi clubs swooping in to sign older players for their retirement league doesn't seem to be happening any more either. I think most clubs thought they would be able to cash in with the Saudi league but that well seems to have dried up before we were even able to wet our beak 😞

Transfers like these that go bad, and drain our resources are so so damaging to a club in our position... we simply cant make many mistakes like this, we just don't have the financial head room to absorb them and still sustain what we are doing.  

Makes me dislike Gerard even more. Kamara, Carlos and the like were so obviously suggested by the scouting team, but Coutinho was blatantly Gerard's idea, a pet project and one signing that he pushed for probably against advice, then left us holding a very expensive bag of poo.

Very frustrating when Saudi clubs were spending like crazy, the best that we could do was send him out on loan?? 

I understand the point but you also have to consider what Coutinho bought to us away from the pitch. You could almost argue he was the start of what we have now.

He could well be considered a very important signing in the modern history of the club.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

51 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I understand the point but you also have to consider what Coutinho bought to us away from the pitch. You could almost argue he was the start of what we have now.

He could well be considered a very important signing in the modern history of the club.

Agree with this.  The signing of Couthino and the emergence of Emi have had a significant impact - undoubtedly raised the profile of the club.  There are millions of folks across the world who could be considered casual fans of both Brazil and Argentina who now very much know a lot more about Aston Villa.  

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

How do you know he is giving anything up going there? For all we know we might still be paying the remainder of his wages. We don't know. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Oh get real.  His earnings would have been multiple millions. He could have lived his life out better than a roll over lottery winner. 

So he should voluntarily cancel his contract so the far far richer entity the football club can save a few quid? 

I always find it absolutely nuts that people think footballers should just give the money back to the club if they're no longer useful on the pitch. It's hilariously bonkers how this is commonplace in the minds of many fans. 

I assume clubs should allow players to walk away at any point of they have a better deal on offer during their career? If they are to be discarded when a club doesn't want to pay them what's agreed in the contract surely it's only fair the players can do the same. 

Coutinho is a player who wants to play football and taking a pay cut to go to Vasco seems to be what he's chosen to do. He'll hope to get a contract past where we have one with him

Edited by CVByrne

10 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So he should voluntarily cancel his contract so the far far richer entity the football club can save a few quid? 

Not seen anyone say that.

I always find it absolutely nuts that people think footballers should just give the money back to the club if they're no longer useful on the pitch. It's hilariously bonkers how this is commonplace in the minds of many fans. 

I assume clubs should allow players to walk away at any point of they have a better deal on offer during their career? If they are to be discarded when a club doesn't want to pay them what's agreed in the contract surely it's only fair the players can do the same. 

Coutinho is a player who wants to play football and taking a pay cut to go to Vasco seems to be what he's chosen to do. He'll hope to get a contract past where we have one with him

Totally finished player. Another abysmal Gerrard signing.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

No I didn't say that at all. Stop putting words in my mouth. 

I said it's a refreshing change that Coutinho did it. I don't think at all that everyone else should or are obliged to. 

**** my you do just itch to disagree with everything anyone says and take a contrary view don't you. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

How do you know he is giving anything up going there? For all we know we might still be paying the remainder of his wages. We don't know. 

I don't, I was just commenting on the OP who seemed to think that's what's happening.

He definitely did take a big pay cut to join us from Barca. 

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Totally finished player. Another abysmal Gerrard signing.

I'm enjoying you following me around the forum. Shows you hold anger over multiple days from me dismantling your arguments. You're even putting in a bit of effort with breaking up the quoting etc.. 

Good work, Keep it up 

• Haha 1

Inter sold him, and then won the CL. Liverpool sold him and won the CL. Barcelona sold him and then won La Liga. We need to sell him, loans do not count in these statistics

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm enjoying you following me around the forum. Shows you hold anger over multiple days from me dismantling your arguments. You're even putting in a bit of effort with breaking up the quoting etc.. 

Good work, Keep it up 

Call what I see.

If someone spouts BS, I'll disagree. 

Good grief, you're keeping me busy with your silliness. You're wrong so often it's like you're on the windup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Call what I see.

If someone spouts BS, I'll disagree. 

Good grief, you're keeping me busy with your silliness. You're wrong so often it's like you're on the windup.

What annoys you the most is because my points make complete sense. You've no coherent way of responding but with just disagreement one liners.  

I'm living rent free in yibr head mate and it's amusing. :)

• Sad 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sure that’s true as well. 

The problem as far as we’re concerned is, that it’s been true for a while and we should have been aware of that before we signed him permanently amd it is a mistake that is now costing us and has meant we’ve had to loose some good players to cover this mistake. Which is frustrating but finally seems to be coming to am end. Everyone involved in this misjudgment has now left the club and so we’ve paid for the mistake and moved on. We only really started to move forwards on the arrival of Unai and subsequently Monchi who could show Nas amd Wes what was really needed amd they have listened and put people in place who can carry out what is needed and from here the trajectory is all upwards hopefully!

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What annoys you the most is because my points make complete sense. You've no coherent way of responding but with just disagreement one liners.  

I'm living rent free in yibr head mate and it's amusing. :)

Keep that positive thinking up, don't need fans having mental breakdowns on here as well as twitter. Big season ahead.

Full salary?

Vasco has finalized the final details and is (very) close to making the return of midfielder Philippe Coutinho to São Januário official after 14 years.

Cruz-Maltino will have the 32-year-old attacking midfielder on a one-year loan from Aston Villa.

It was agreed that Vasco will fully pay Coutinho's wages, which will be one of the highest in the squad.

In fact, if everything goes as expected, there is a chance that Coutinho will be announced this Tuesday (9), at 11 am (Brasília time).

Vasco agrees everything with Coutinho, even separates the number and prepares an announcement for the attacking midfielder; see details

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â