Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

50 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm not, I just rant from time to time at people quoting tweets with next to no followers. 

Yeah n piss your pants about us blowing CL football only for us to go on n achieve it 👍

• Haha 3

So this should be confirmed and announced on Wednesday. And it’s a loan not a termination of contract… was getting quite confusing (which one was it going to be) but now it seems clear. The only hold up was that his loan contract with Al Duhail hadn’t expired, but that’s out of the way now too.

Good luck to him, farewell Phil.

COUTINHO CLOSES WITH VASCO AND OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD COME BY WEDNESDAY

The long negotiations involving Vasco and Philippe Coutinho are coming to an end. Before “next”, as many of the fans joked, now there is no more stage left and the official announcement, after the signing of the contract, should take place by Wednesday, July 3rd.

• BUSINESS FORM
Initially there was a contract termination agreement with Aston Villa, but in the last two days, when Vasco had already met all of the midfielder's needs, Coutinho and his representatives understood with the English club that the loan would be the best option.

One year contract with Cruz-Maltino, as friends Aline Nastari and Gilmar Ferreira disclosed, but I add the following information : o Vasco will have priority in a possible purchase or a new loan to Brazilian clubs. The club even sought 1 and a half years of contract to have him for the entire 2025 season, but no agreement was reached.

It is worth mentioning that Coutinho's desire to return to Vasco was the main factor in the deal happening. Pedrinho was also helpful and sought to meet the midfielder's requests in a difficult transition, but one that will have a happy ending for the fans. The transfer window opens on July 10th and the jewel, from that date onwards, should already be available to help Cruz-Maltino.

The club must have took the best available and most financially sensible option here. Just glad this is finally resolved.

Can’t fault the guy, he seems like such a genuinely good and humble bloke. Had so much talent but his body was letting him down - no matter how hard he tries, he couldn’t quite get that spark or magic back, and kept getting injured. 

Professional, humble, all around good guy really… but nowhere near and no longer up to the rigours and standard of PL football. A shame we couldn’t get him much sooner… would’ve been brilliant for us.

All the best and good luck to him. I’m sure he’ll enjoy life back in Brazil and at “his club”. This was the move he wanted and it sounds like he did all he could to get it done, including further reducing his wage demands. At this point, I’m assuming the guy just wants to settle down and be happy… money is not so relevant.

Best wishes Phil and enjoy.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

So this should be confirmed and announced on Wednesday. And it’s a loan not a termination of contract… was getting quite confusing (which one was it going to be) but now it seems clear. The only hold up was that his loan contract with Al Duhail hadn’t expired, but that’s out of the way now too.

Good luck to him, farewell Phil.

COUTINHO CLOSES WITH VASCO AND OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD COME BY WEDNESDAY

The long negotiations involving Vasco and Philippe Coutinho are coming to an end. Before “next”, as many of the fans joked, now there is no more stage left and the official announcement, after the signing of the contract, should take place by Wednesday, July 3rd.

• BUSINESS FORM
Initially there was a contract termination agreement with Aston Villa, but in the last two days, when Vasco had already met all of the midfielder's needs, Coutinho and his representatives understood with the English club that the loan would be the best option.

One year contract with Cruz-Maltino, as friends Aline Nastari and Gilmar Ferreira disclosed, but I add the following information : o Vasco will have priority in a possible purchase or a new loan to Brazilian clubs. The club even sought 1 and a half years of contract to have him for the entire 2025 season, but no agreement was reached.

It is worth mentioning that Coutinho's desire to return to Vasco was the main factor in the deal happening. Pedrinho was also helpful and sought to meet the midfielder's requests in a difficult transition, but one that will have a happy ending for the fans. The transfer window opens on July 10th and the jewel, from that date onwards, should already be available to help Cruz-Maltino.

Cancelling his contract never made any sense unless he agreed to walk away with no or little settlement.

A loan makes more sense.  If they're paying a couple of million quid loan fee and paying 25% of his wages or something like that. 

I'm still surprised Saudi haven't offered to take him, maybe he didn't want to go there or something. 

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Cancelling his contract never made any sense unless he agreed to walk away with no or little settlement.

A loan makes more sense.  If they're paying a couple of million quid loan fee and paying 25% of his wages or something like that. 

I'm still surprised Saudi haven't offered to take him, maybe he didn't want to go there or something. 

I think Vasco will pay a decent amount like £4m of his wages. At least next summer he's at one year left so should be a simple contract termination then so he can join Vasco. Hopefully he stays fit and plays well.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think Vasco will pay a decent amount like £4m of his wages. At least next summer he's at one year left so should be a simple contract termination then so he can join Vasco. Hopefully he stays fit and plays well.

That would be a quarter of the clubs current wage budget

They cant afford that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

That would be a quarter of the clubs current wage budget

They cant afford that

Must be a Coutinho voluntary salary cut (like he did to join us from Barca). He costs 11.25m per year amort + wages. Last season his 7m wages were covered by Qatar club. So we would only be loaning him to Vasco if most of that £7m wages were off our books (between a combination of Coutinho dropping wage and Vasco contribution). Hope it becomes clear when he joins what the deal is.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Must be a Coutinho voluntary salary cut (like he did to join us from Barca). He costs 11.25m per year amort + wages. Last season his 7m wages were covered by Qatar club. So we would only be loaning him to Vasco if most of that £7m wages were off our books (between a combination of Coutinho dropping wage and Vasco contribution). Hope it becomes clear when he joins what the deal is.

Ok so if his wages are £7m a year, let’s assume he has taken a wage cut down to £3m a year.  Hopefully Vasco can afford that so they are paying his full wages for the year. 

Then all it’s costing Villa is his amortisation of £4.25m per year. 

My worry then is what happens next summer? We don’t want his £7m wages back on our books!

Â