Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

He’s shown before when he left Barca he’s willing to forgo millions just to play. I’m sure based on this we will have negotiated a termination which suits both parties… He’s been a model pro for us, and it’s a shame his body just cannot cope with the demands of premier league footy. Wish him all the best and thank him for his desire to play for us. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Wonder if we have to pay him much of the £14m we owe on the remainder of his contract. If we get that in this year's accounts because we've made sales of Kellyman and Iroegbunam would be good. 

It’s a bit weird because normally the selling club would ‘sell’ the player to the buying club for free.  

But here they are being presented as a termination by Villa and then Vasco are buying as a free agent.  

I wonder why?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

It’s a bit weird because normally the selling club would ‘sell’ the player to the buying club for free.  

But here they are being presented as a termination by Villa and then Vasco are buying as a free agent.  

I wonder why?  

Normally you would terminate when the player demands some sort of compensation for the wages remaining on his contract. Otherwise, it would be clean sale. I can't think of another reason (although I'm sure there will be)

Edited by Czarnikjak

17 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Normally you would terminate when the player demands some sort of compensation for the wages remaining on his contract. Otherwise, it would be clean sale. I can't think of another reason (although I'm sure there will be)

So if the contract remaining is £14m in wages, I guess we might be paying up to half of that to get Coutinho to leave?

10 minutes ago, ender4 said:

So if the contract remaining is £14m in wages, I guess we might be paying up to half of that to get Coutinho to leave?

Well depends on what Vasco are paying and how long a contract they're offering. As if he goes on loan there and doesn't do well or is injured he might have very few options left. If they offer him a 3.5 year deal on around £4m a year he's getting his £14m plus gets to live back home with his family in Brazil with a much lower cost of living. He'll be a hero coming home and he'll be settled. He might be ok with a couple of mil settlement from us to terminate his contract. 

Means we'll book around a £10m loss into the accounts and we're done. This is important for the new squad cost rules as the 3 year profit and loss from player trading is averaged into 1 year. So say we've made £150m over 3 years on player trading then £50m goes additional into our income for the squad cost calculations. While if he was here out on Loan hus full wages and amortisation would be included in squad cost and our loan fee would be included in our income.

So let's say 4.25m amortisation and 7m wages and loan fee is £4m then he'd have cost of 11.25m and income of 4m

If we terminated his contract (IE we transfer him for zero to Vasco) we would have his book value of 8.5m as a loss on player sales. This goes into the 3 year total for profit and loss on player trading like Luiz and Archer and Chukwuemeka etc.. over last 3 years and it's divided by 3 to give us an annual amount. So the negative cost of the 8.5m ends up as -2.83m for next the 2024, 2025 and 2026 calendar years for UEFA. 

This is why this makes sense for those rules of we're now fine on PSR. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Why you finding the dregs of the bs twitter account to post? 145 followers, makes up info and pretends it's via a reputable source by tagging them

Edited by CVByrne

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why you finding the dregs of the bs twitter account to post? 145 followers, makes up info and pretends it's via a reputable source by tagging them

Well there’s multiple accounts or sources saying the same thing so I just posted the most recent one on feed… many accounts quote more established accounts too, can’t be arsed to constantly check or research and when it’s not necessary.

Anyway, looks like we’re going with the loan after all rather than the termination. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Geglobo has 6.5 million followers

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There’s a longer, alternative one posted in the summer window thread. Stating the same.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

OF course they do. A random account with 145 followers made up information that Geglobo didn't post and then pretended he was quoting them by putting @ them in his tweet. ie it's twitter spam

Except its on GeGlobo Twitter and website

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Except its on GeGlobo Twitter and website

The one I posted above? 

I've a thing for news not from twitter account with real amount of followers. Is it real or made up. Usually latter hence always look for original source

Edited by CVByrne
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The one I posted above? 

I've a thing for news not from twitter account with real amount of followers. Is it real or made up. Usually latter hence always look for original source

Sorry, didn’t realise you were the boss around here.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The one I posted above? 

The source was quoted in the tweet 😂😂

Â