Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

On 13/06/2024 at 12:19, saturdaygig said:

The negociations for Bouba started well before SG arrived though. Not really his signing.

No they didn't. 

Gerrard signed in November, you can't offer someone a contract until the final 6 months of their contract, so January at the earliest for Kamara.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm sure we've got clever accountants looking at the sums and whatever we do it will be the most cost effective way of dealing with it. 

Exactly this, it's a Loan then terminate or a terminate now. Question for club is which rules to prioritise. PSR or Squad cost. PSR is about losses over 3 years while Squad cost is about single seasons annual players cost as % of income 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

No they didn't. 

Gerrard signed in November, you can't offer someone a contract until the final 6 months of their contract, so January at the earliest for Kamara.

We wouldn't meet the price of Bissouma in JAn (Brighton wanted £40m I think). Despite needing a CDM Lange and recruitment team were confident on Bouba and the data they had on him and wanted to wait for summer. Lange and team signed Duran based on the data also. I feel they were underrated because the team wasn't performing under Gerrard.

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We wouldn't meet the price of Bissouma in JAn (Brighton wanted £40m I think). Despite needing a CDM Lange and recruitment team were confident on Bouba and the data they had on him and wanted to wait for summer. Lange and team signed Duran based on the data also. I feel they were underrated because the team wasn't performing under Gerrard.

Identifying a player, and negotiating for a player are two different things.  Kamara was probably identified as you say by Lange and Co, but negotiations couldn't have begun until after Gerrard was at the club.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Identifying a player, and negotiating for a player are two different things.  Kamara was probably identified as you say by Lange and Co, but negotiations couldn't have begun until after Gerrard was at the club.

Indeed. It's bizarre people almost constantly claiming Gerrard scouted him, brokered the deal, negotiated the contract and done the legal paperwork.

He'll be his dad next.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

No they didn't. 

I suspect £150k per week did more convincing than Gerrards charm.

I think he would have signed for us regardless of who our manager was. We simply offered him fantastic financial package that no one else matched at that point.

3 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

I suspect £150k per week did more convincing than Gerrards charm.

I think he would have signed for us regardless of who our manager was. We simply offered him fantastic financial package that no one else matched at that point.

That'd make sense if hadn't taken a 70% pay cut to come here, but he did, so it doesn't.

Just now, smokingzen said:

That'd make sense if hadn't taken a 70% pay cut to come here, but he did, so it doesn't.

This was reply about Gerrard signing Kamara, not Coutinho

34 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So he's still here then?

Yep seems to be.  Still negotiating joining Vasco... but i guess if he can't agree a deal with them, then he won't sign the termination with us.  

I guess there is no June 30th deadline for this either, so it could run all the way to end of August.

Vasco de Gama president Pedrinho says 'negotiations continue' for Philippe Coutinho to complete a move back to his boyhood club from Aston Villa despite reports of increased demands from the player.

Even if this were to happen, now Monday's edition of Brazilian newspaper O Dia now claims that the unusual demands being put forward by Coutinho to rejoin his former side are heaping more pressure onto the situation.

They allege the Villa man wants Vasco to complete the signing of two of his friends within the sport alongside himself this summer. They are claimed to be Josef de Souza, 35, who currently plays for Istanbul Basaksehir, and free agent Alex Texeira.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/vasco-de-gama-chief-breaks-29368256

Do they pause the season for the Copa America? As they run the football season through our summer (their winter) so it's mid season now for them. 

We'll find an agreement. Question is more who pays what hence negotiating continues 

On 27/06/2024 at 10:23, duke313 said:

No they didn't. 

Kamara himself says Gerrard was instrumental in him signing.

I get when we don't like someone, player, manager or staff we seem to feel the need to discredit absolutely anything positive they may have done.

As I say, each Manager, owner we've had, good and bad have played a part in where we are now.

Bruce - McGinn etc.

Xia - Almost sending us into administration got us NSWE

Deano - Promotion + Mings + Bailey etc 

Gerrard - Kamara + Digne etc.

I'd say there is even an argument that SG saw the attributes McGinn had to be a Captain. He just had no idea how to bring it altogether successfully and was obviously a poor Man Manager.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Do they pause the season for the Copa America? As they run the football season through our summer (their winter) so it's mid season now for them. 

We'll find an agreement. Question is more who pays what hence negotiating continues 

Nope, season in full swing. Vasco play tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

What else was he supposed to say... He's not gonna say "I signed for you as nobody else was offering me £150k per week"

Yet if we sign another player and he's getting paid higher than his other offers .. but says " Unai Emery was instrumental in me signing " you wouldn't question it , even if he was talking absolute shite.

Point remains.

13 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

What else was he supposed to say... He's not gonna say "I signed for you as nobody else was offering me £150k per week"

He isn't on that kind of money. We pay a sign on bonus to him to join on a free and then put his salary in the bracket we think he should be in. So we account it more as a one off small transfer fee paid to player not club. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He isn't on that kind of money. We pay a sign on bonus to him to join on a free and then put his salary in the bracket we think he should be in. So we account it more as a one off small transfer fee paid to player not club. 

It was reported that he is the highest earner at the club, we know others (like Coutinho and Dinge) are on about £130k...£150k for Kamara could be close.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yet if we sign another player and he's getting paid higher than his other offers .. but says " Unai Emery was instrumental in me signing " you wouldn't question it , even if he was talking absolute shite.

Point remains.

I think they say what the club wants them to say at that point. Ie something like "I signed cause Villa is a big club" or "I signed cause your manager is great"....i wouldn't pay any attention to this type of interviews and the reasons they give.

Â