Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I would genuinely be surprised if both ourselves and Newcastle were in for a player and a player chose Newcastle at this moment in time. We’ve seen plenty of reasons to be impressed by how Purslow and how our board get transfers done. From lower league clubs commenting on how well we’ve handled the signing of their youth players to the statement after Grealish was sold. I know some aren’t fans of Purslow but I thought it was a brilliant touch. There was also the youth player signed and comments came out about a presentation given to the player and family which made them sign for us, can’t remember who that was though. We’re operating at a much higher level than Newcastle are in my opinion, despite the fact they’ve got silly money. Lucas Digne for example does not want to go there. They also blew their chances of signing Emery which I think would have been a brilliant appointment. If any player wants to progress their career Newcastle isn’t the place  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You forget to mention that Leon Bailey is faster then a speeding bullet.

You're right Phil, I totally forgot about Bailey. Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

Bailey 178 cms -  faster than a speeding bullet! That adds him to the list.

The problem seems to be that when he runs flat out he's in danger of pulling something. His tracking back pace when he pulled his hamstring was like Usain Bolt on steroids (until he immediately started hopping as his hammy tore).

I guess I should also add Nakamba even though he won't be available for some time.

Nakamba 177 cms - no real pace.

Apart from Martinez, Mings and Hause we're quite a small team aren't we.  

• Like 1

Just now, villabromsgrove said:

You're right Phil, I totally forgot about Bailey. Out of sight, out of mind as they say.

The problem seems to be that when he runs flat out he's in danger of pulling something. His tracking back pace when he pulled his hamstring was like Usain Bolt on steroids (until he immediately started hopping as his hammy tore).

I guess I should also add Nakamba even though he won't be available for some time.

been our problem/achilles heel for multiple years now, overall our team is quite weak, passive and doesnt like the aggressive side of the game.

Hopefuly Gerrard will sort it out, seems like he will (hopefully).

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Just as well the kids are all massive then . If they do break through then we have the Chukwuemekas both 6ft 3 , raikhy and Chrisene 6 ft 2 . Iroegbunam and Bogarde 6ft 2 . And Feeney and Swinkels 6ft 3 and still growing . 

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Agree and although the modern game doesn't rely on size so much anymore it might be good to have it in our armoury should the occasion require it. 

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You've got to love Ashley Preece...

He has absolutely no idea what's going on at all, but comes out with some generic nonsense about the clubs being in constant dialogue. He hasn't broken a single transfer or been anywhere even close to knowing who we'd sign since he took the role at the mail. I just kinda feel sorry for him having to keep up this charade that he is the go to man for Villa transfers. The same goes for Evans - a complete fraud. 

FWIW, I like Preece, he's a Villan, but I can't help but die a little inside when he joins the party after the news is broke claiming to know what's going on! 😂

All about dem clickz tho. 

Yeah I like Preece, he's a good guy but he hasn't got a Scooby what's going on at the club. Which is kinda sad for a local paper. But then again, Gregg Evans hasn't got a clue either so maybe it's just a villa thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They are owned by Paddy Power/Betfair now. Nothing to do with Sky other than keeping the name. 

Yes but only after paddy Power merged with stars group (who originally bought it).....whom Murdock has a lot of money invested

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Yes but only after paddy Power merged with stars group (who originally bought it).....whom Murdock has a lot of money invested

Well Murdock doesn’t own Sky Sports anymore. He sold it to NBC a few years back.

Sky Sports is owned by Fox’s rival NBC and Sky Bet are owned by Paddy Power.

The two are no longer linked. 

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah I like Preece, he's a good guy but he hasn't got a Scooby what's going on at the club. Which is kinda sad for a local paper. But then again, Gregg Evans hasn't got a clue either so maybe it's just a villa thing. 

I’d take those two any day over someone like Sam Lee who cries and throws a hissy fit all over Twitter when someone doesn’t believe him.

Just now, LondonLax said:

Well Murdock doesn’t own Sky Sports anymore. He sold it to NBC a few years back.

Sky Sports is owned by Fox’s rival NBC and Sky Bet are owned by Paddy Power.

The two are no longer linked. 

Ive said all i will on this now....i am even boring myself!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Just as well the kids are all massive then . If they do break through then we have the Chukwuemekas both 6ft 3 , raikhy and Chrisene 6 ft 2 . Iroegbunam and Bogarde 6ft 2 . And Feeney and Swinkels 6ft 3 and still growing . 

Feeney and Swinkels sounds about right. Not seen Iroegbunam play enough to have any idea. I think the rest are inflated a few inches each.

26 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

6ft?  How many Elphicks high is that?

• Haha 1

If this is happening I'd love to get it done ASAP, but if Coutinho has decided to move to us as he'll be guaranteed to play we'll be in a great negotiating position in a couple of weeks.

If Barca don't get rid of anyone else in the meantime they still won't be able to register Torres and Umtiti wouldn't cover it even if someone takes his full wage.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â