Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

3 minutes ago, sne said:

23.5m Instagram followers. Guess that would sell some tractors in China.

Interesting in that this summer we're going to be signing new deals for our shirt manufacturer, we're not tied into Cazoo as our main shirt sponsor and our shirt sleeve sponsor is also available - it might sound flippant, but those things can influence sponsors - an audience of 23.5m is more than any individual UK TV show last year - getting your logo on there four or five times a year can matter.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If it all comes down to money than you you’d expect Newcastle to sign him. If it comes down to him actually giving a shit and wanting to get in to the World Cup squad then we have a very good shout.  

if Tite is keeping an eye on Douglas Luiz then he'll also be aware how they could link up. Don't think that's the case if he goes to Newc to play with Joelinton

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If Gerrard manged to get him back playing his best, we exercised the option to buy him then. The draw that would be for us in the summer for other talent. We also have the new sponsorship deals to negotiate too. Gerrard and Coutinho at the club. Mings an England international all with the World Cup later this year. 

Not to mention Emi Martinez, hopefully Cash. We'd have quite a few World Cup bound players hopefully in the squad come summer

Coutinho is one of the most talented ball players that I've seen, so why am I worried about the prospect of us signing him?

I think most of us have agreed that Villa are too soft in and around the midfield. We let ourselves down physically on a regular basis. We aren't strong enough, we don't press for 90 minutes. We don't rough up the opposition because we're too nice and too lightweight. We get beaten by lesser teams like Brentford because they get at us physically all match.

Coutinho would be a marketing coup, but would he be the answer to our glaring shortcomings? He would add creativity which we also lack, but wouldn't that come at a price of reducing further the ability of our midfield to compete physically.

Midfielders

Buendia 172 cms (5'7) - no pace

Coutinho 172 cms -no pace 

Luiz 175 cms - no pace 

McGinn 178 cms - average pace 

Ramsey 180 cms - reasonably pacy 

Sanson 180cms - average pace

Traore 180 cms -average pace

Chukwuemeka 182 cms- no real pace

El ghazi 189 cms - pacy

Strikers

Ings 178 cms no real pace

Watkins 180cms - pacy

If we loan Coutinho it would obviously be to play him, so our starting midfield would be more talented but even smaller, physically weaker, fairly slow and not great at tracking back.

I'm excited by the prospect of someone as talented as Coutinho playing for Villa and if SG can also get his 2/3 pinpointed transfer targets to sign that may well add some bite and support in and around the midfield. If he can't make those signings then I wonder how effective Coutinho can be.

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

They sold 80% in 2015, I believe they sold the rest in 2018

Funny enough after he sold it Murdock then bought a rather large slice of the American company who bought it.

So in essence its not too far away

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting in that this summer we're going to be signing new deals for our shirt manufacturer, we're not tied into Cazoo as our main shirt sponsor and our shirt sleeve sponsor is also available - it might sound flippant, but those things can influence sponsors - an audience of 23.5m is more than any individual UK TV show last year - getting your logo on there four or five times a year can matter.

I'm 100% certain this comes into consideration for any deal involving Coutinho. Even if it's just a loan deal it raises exposure for Villa.

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I would imagine the obligation to buy is triggered by x appearances otherwise we'd just sign him now as no difference to us. 

Either that or it’s an FFP thing. Transfer fee falls in to next years accounts maybe ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Liverpool aside has he ever been consistently good anywhere else? It's a niggling doubt in my mind 

I believe he was decent at Bayern although not a starter. They cleaned up the year he was there. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Okonokos said:

Bayern and Inter.

Inter sold him Liverpool for relative peanuts as he wasn't reaching the levels they thought he could as I recall?

Bayern I don't know much about was it about a 6 month loan?

5 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

You've been on VillaTalk since 2014; you should know how this place works by now 😄

He should be due a testimonial by now. You don’t get a watch anymore but you get a couple of weeks in The Priory instead. Much more useful after about 8 years in here. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Inter sold him Liverpool for relative peanuts as he wasn't reaching the levels they thought he could as I recall?

Bayern he was a sub in the big games but never an undisputed starter

12 month loan with option to buy that they didn't use as he got a bad injury and they didn't really need him since they already had a fantastic team.

Bayern was a season long loan. 38 apps 11 goals 14 assists. (23 apps in the league)

If anything imagine what our youngsters would be thinking having Gerrard AND Coutinho to learn from. It'll be massive for their development, and also for potential youth players signing with us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â