Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Purslow was sucking Gerrard's farts and telling him they tasted great his whole time here.

It was get the deal done for Stevie irrespective of any risk.

No surprise he was pushed out the door.

It was said at the time but that January window wasnt as good as it seemed on paper

Chambers was the best of the four signings 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxahunter said:

I’m baffled how many people think he isn’t going to have any meaningful contribution this season. He isn’t shot at all…

Based on what we've seen so far I think those who think there will be little contribution are right.  If he stays I hope we're wrong but I would definitely move him on given the chance.

7 minutes ago, Hev said:

I just wish we could stop constantly arguing about him. He certainly generates more debate than anyone else.  How about we just leave the guy alone and let's wait and see what happens - either way

Agreed, Villa fans are insistent on selling our players...

Coutinho still has the technical ability and arguably is one of the most gifted players we have in the squad.

Last season he showed glimpses before his injury and looked lively in preseason.

He could (hopefully) be an asset for us this season if he can stay fit. During preseason he looked shredded, more so than I've ever seen; looks like he's been working on his strength and conditioning.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Hev said:

I just wish we could stop constantly arguing about him. He certainly generates more debate than anyone else.  How about we just leave the guy alone and let's wait and see what happens - either way

If you don't want to read about him, stay out his thread?

I've got him to start tomorrow. Hopefully he bags.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

If you don't want to read about him, stay out his thread?

I've got him to start tomorrow. Hopefully he bags.

Knew someone would say that. Cant help but look though

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hev said:

This is a forum where people express their subjective opinions, what do you expect? The forum would be pretty dead if only factual post was allowed.

I’m pretty sure he or any other player don’t read this forum, so he will be blissfully unaware that on here people consider his contribution on the pitch to be lacking.

I wouldn't get writing him off just yet.

You can split his time up here into three parts. The 4 months where he was on loan where I think he did well and 16 starts, 4 goals, 3 assists was a decent return. 

We then had the first 3rd of last season under Gerrard where he was poor.

Since Emery arrived he has played just over 200 minutes and started just game against Arsenal where he played very well. He was injured when Emery arrived and got injured in the one game he started against Arsenal following which he never played again last season.

I think what we have here is some of us are judging him/putting too much emphasis on the first 3rd of last season where he started more often than not and was poor. Trouble with that though is pretty much every player during that period under Gerrard was poor and if we judged every player's future here based on that then we'd be looking to ship out 90% of the squad.

I have a feeling he may well be sold but if he does stay let's see what he can do with an injury free run under Emery because we haven't seen that yet other than a few bit parts and the one start where he did very well.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

He’s the type of player that even when he loses a yard of pace his football brain will easily make up for. Guy is a football genius and is easily worth a squad place if he wants it and is fit. Hope he stays… To replace his talent will cost a fortune in transfer & wages. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â