Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I don’t know - if they offer over £30m take the deal. 

If they offer what we paid for him, that'd more than do. 

I wouldn't mind keeping him around if we can't get a decent sum for him, but I worry about him staying fit and his wages are far higher than what we'd like them to be relative to his squad position. 

• Like 2

Barcelona and Aston Villa have reached an agreement to transfer Philippe Coutinho for 20 million euro. The Club have inserted a 50% sell-on clause for any future sale of the player.

FC Barcelona would like to publicly state their thanks to Philippe Coutinho for his commitment and dedication, and wish him success and all the best for the future.

Agreement with Aston Villa to transfer Philippe Coutinho (fcbarcelona.com)

So we need to sell him for 30m euro or ~£25m to not book a loss in our accounts on him

Edited by CVByrne

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Sell Sell Sell.

1 hour ago, Hev said:

Keep Keep Keep

34 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm baffled how many people think he's going to have any meaningful contribution this season. He's completely shot. 

22 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I’m baffled how many people think he isn’t going to have any meaningful contribution this season. He isn’t shot at all…

harry-hill-only-one-way-to-find-out.gif

• Haha 3

It was reported as a 4 year contract at 20m euro so that leaves 15m euro and if Barca get 50% of any sale (assuming that’s the clause)  then we need 30m Euro to break even. 

Just have to hope that we get into an auction situation and get over 20m euro (unlikely). If we don’t get the money and think he stays healthy then it’s probably worth keeping him for cups. 

46 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yep.

Or we just sell at loss to save on wages and eat shit at a really really bad transfer for us.

agreeing to a 50% sell on clause on a depreciating asset such as Coutinho is just idiotic 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Anything11 said:

agreeing to a 50% sell on clause on a depreciating asset such as Coutinho is just idiotic 

Wasn't that because we ended up paying a lower fee for him than what was initially agreed?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

25m id sell. Huge wages and helps massively with FFP.

Id put the money towards trying to sign frimpong

We would be lucky to get double figures for him if we sold him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

It wasn't really, if it wasn't for the Saudi's he would have zero resale value. We'd be paying him to leave. 

11 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Purslow was sucking Gerrard's farts and telling him they tasted great his whole time here.

It was get the deal done for Stevie irrespective of any risk.

No surprise he was pushed out the door.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â