Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

This shouldn’t be forgotten, who in their right mind would choose to work with Eddie Howe rather than SG? 

Someone who likes their house to be made of solid gold!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we miss out on him, how much you bet some of the same people moaning about us potentially signing a " washed up has been on ridiculous wages " will change their rants to us having a lack of ambition and no pull due to a novice Manager, being sold lies by this board etc etc. We haven't even spent the Grealish money Yadda yadda 🤔🤣

And if he signs for Newcastle some will say he wasn't any good anyway and that they are spending silly money on a over the hill has-been. Bit like before he was linked to us in the first place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we miss out on him, how much you bet some of the same people moaning about us potentially signing a " washed up has been on ridiculous wages " will change their rants to us having a lack of ambition and no pull due to a novice Manager, being sold lies by this board etc etc. We haven't even spent the Grealish money Yadda yadda 🤔🤣

*making notes* 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

And if he signs for Newcastle some will say he wasn't any good anyway and that they are spending silly money on a over the hill has-been. Bit like before he was linked to us in the first place.

True.

I just think we are all pricks in our own ways to be honest.

Full of contradictions us! 🤣

I can see Newcastle being able to chuck money at enough quality mercenaries to have so much quality its hard for them to get relegated.

I don't get how this works on a financial sense

What are we expecting from PC in between now and the end of the season ? - Do we really think PC and one or two other additions can transform us from a side the couldn't beat Brentford  to a side that gets a European place ? - thus some financial reward ?

Or do we fear a slide down the table without PC ? - so much so that his arrival finances itself by securing another year of PL TV Money ?

Neither of the above scenarios seem feasible to me ?

So does PC generate that much coverage \ exposure that we reap commercial benefits to offset his massive wages  ?

The only thing that would make footballing sense is if he joins permanently, and makes a major contribution this + next season. Obviously thats going to include a sizeable fee and wages - and would probably were stuck with him should he flop. Massive risk IMO.

This would be the absolute star quality we need. Both on and off the pitch. It attracts the media and commercial opportunities to our club. Even at 80 percent of his Liverpool form it makes him a huge star attraction. Buying the best players from the Championship has to be balanced with buying star dust . 

At his peak he was the player Grealish was striving to be. But at a higher ability than Grealish even showed. Quicker feet , faster , better long range shooting . 

Its wierd that we lost Grealish in the summer and are now looking to replace him with a player who wanted to be like him. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

The obvious danger with this one is Barcelona's desperation for money and Newcastle's desperation to improve their team at all costs. Hopefully we're all but done and dusted at this stage.

I thought about this and Coutinho has Barca over the barrel. He knows they need to move him on this window to register Torres. So he can say, no chance I'm joining Newcastle the year of a World Cup. He's Brazilian, playing in the World Cup probably means absolutely everything to him. With Gerrard and Villa he has the most assurances of regular game time, a manager he knows very well and the best football league in the world in which to play. The system is perfect for him too a free roaming 10 behind a CF with the work rate of Watkins. 

I think because so much power is in Coutinho's hands, it helps Villa the most if he wants to come here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well if your going to Gerrard pull as an argument for him signing - then you have to say there is a counter argument if he goes and joins Newcastle or AN Other.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True.

I just think we are all pricks in our own ways to be honest.

Full of contradictions us! 🤣

I can see Newcastle being able to chuck money at enough quality mercenaries to have so much quality its hard for them to get relegated.

If he goes there I imagine it'll be as much about how much money they'd be willing to offer him for his next contract if there is a mandatory purchase clause. No club will give him £380k/w again but I bet they'll offer a bigger salary than we would.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Are you insinuating that sky put money before the truth?

Surely in the not too distant future some law wiz kid will realise that having a major news outlet running in conjunction with a major gambling operator may be a tad bit open to monkey business. 

The wiz kid may also discover that Sky sold SkyBet a number of years ago and it is no longer run in conjunction with the broadcasting company

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

What are we expecting from PC in between now and the end of the season ? - Do we really think PC and one or two other additions can transform us from a side the couldn't beat Brentford  to a side that gets a European place ? - thus some financial reward ?

Or do we fear a slide down the table without PC ? - so much so that his arrival finances itself by securing another year of PL TV Money ?

So does PC generate that much coverage \ exposure that we reap commercial benefits to offset his massive wages  ?

The only thing that would make footballing sense is if he joins permanently, and makes a major contribution this + next season. Obviously thats going to include a sizeable fee and wages - and would probably were stuck with him should he flop. Massive risk IMO.

I mean first of all we have absolutely no idea what this transfer means for our finances, so it's impossible to say either way right now. 

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think it's as complicated as you're making it. I think there is opportunity here for 2 reasons. Jack sale and the windfall of that sale and Gerrard and his personal relationship with Coutinho. The final element is Coutinho needs to be playing regular football this year because of the World Cup. To him financially he's sorted because Barca have to pay him and any Loan deal doesn't really impact his salary. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â