Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

From all of the stuff written Tim Vickery on Ssn said it best. Coutniho is a very shy person. Not arrogant in any way. Gerrard understands him in a way far different to any others in the mix.the Trust element is key in this . He knows Gerrard loves him and rates him.  And he knows that he can get the football he needs to get himself to the world cup.  

Great post and quite an interesting angle. 
Like I've said in previous posts, the Gerrard factor is huge here. He wants to play football and unfortunately (because we're not a top, top team), we can offer him that every week. 

I'm a huge Smith fan, but lets not kid ourselves and think this transfer comes about if he's in charge here. I didn't buy into the whole 'Gerrard will attract higher profile players' thing when he joined, but it seems I'm wrong.

And, as much as I want this to happen, I don't want it to be a 6 month loan with no option to buy. It's going to take him 3/4 weeks at least to get up to speed and by the time he's fully firing, the season will be over. Let's bring him in and make him our own 🙂

• Like 2

If this ends up being a Loan with option to buy in summer with everything agreed, in terms of salary and Barca settlement with Coutinho (say we buy in summer x will go to him to cover drop in salary x goes to Barca etc..). Then that is an absolute coup from Gerrard. Huge statement, if he recaptures his form he's got 3 1/2 years of top contribution to Villa. 

Again, I feel we are capable of this due to the Jack sale. We are treating that windfall as a set 3 year outlay (Ings + Coutinho) while the rest of the squad is based on a sound financial footing based on revenue etc..

So well run

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

From all of the stuff written Tim Vickery on Ssn said it best. Coutniho is a very shy person. Not arrogant in any way. Gerrard understands him in a way far different to any others in the mix.the Trust element is key in this . He knows Gerrard loves him and rates him.  And he knows that he can get the football he needs to get himself to the world cup.  

I watched that too....sometimes people like Vickery are worth taking the time to tune in to Sky Sports. Encouraging sounds from Brazil then...

He was the only voice of reason amongst the arrogant words removed...

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If this ends up being a Loan with option to buy in summer with everything agreed, in terms of salary and Barca settlement with Coutinho (say we buy in summer x will go to him to cover drop in salary x goes to Barca etc..). Then that is an absolute coup from Gerrard. Huge statement, if he recaptures his form he's got 3 1/2 years of top contribution to Villa. 

Again, I feel we are capable of this due to the Jack sale. We are treating that windfall as a set 3 year outlay (Ings + Coutinho) while the rest of the squad is based on a sound financial footing based on revenue etc..

So well run

I likes the cut of your jib good sir. 

If this happens and Gerrard can get the best out of him then he’s the closet thing in replacement to Jack we could imagine at our level.  

He literally was sold for £142m and if he can play anywhere near where he was then he’s as good as Jack in raw ability…the question will be, can Gerrard get him back to that level.

Even at a level lower he would be our best outfield player but yes if it went wrong it would be an expensive fail.  

I like that we are trying, he has the connection with Gerrard and there is potentially massive upside.

For me, this is a no brainer and will be delighted if we get him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Not quite true. Betting activity is the main thing shifting odds in one direction or another, but bookies do set initial odds (otherwise everyone would just jump in at evens every time a new market opens), and they adjust the odds when other factors have changed. It's a myth that it's entirely a free market based on betting activity.

Yep - Also if a known ITK punter places a bet that affects the odds.

I remember they used have a bookie do a session radio WM - He said one his regulars had placed a 5 figure sum on RDM being our next manager (Pearson was favourite at the time) 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If this happens and Gerrard can get the best out of him then he’s the closet thing in replacement to Jack we could imagine at our level.  

He literally was sold for £142m and if he can play anywhere near where he was then he’s as good as Jack in raw ability…the question will be, can Gerrard get him back to that level.

Even at a level lower he would be our best outfield player but yes if it went wrong it would be an expensive fail.  

I like that we are trying, he has the connection with Gerrard and there is potentially massive upside.

For me, this is a no brainer and will be delighted if we get him.

Doubt Coutinho will ever come close to the level of player he was before he moved from Liverplop and especially before those injuries. But if he can be like say Juninho was when he returned to Middlesbrough then he'll still be useful.

• Like 2

its sensible from villa not to have a madatory clause in there. i know its easy to question why there should be a clause in there because the expectation is that he will smash it and we won't need it, but as we all know football is strange and it dosen't always work like that. So whilst it could be holding things up and allow another team to swoop in, it is sensible for villa to adopt this position. We mustn't take loeave of all our senses just because it is a big name, the terms need to be right. Good on the legal team

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

its sensible from villa not to have a madatory clause in there. i know its easy to question why there should be a clause in there because the expectation is that he will smash it and we won't need it, but as we all know football is strange and it dosen't always work like that. So whilst it could be holding things up and allow another team to swoop in, it is sensible for villa to adopt this position. We mustn't take loeave of all our senses just because it is a big name, the terms need to be right. Good on the legal team

It's also very difficult to value him at this stage tbh.

• Like 1

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

What would be the point of a mandatory purchase clause? If we're gonna agree to that, might as well buy him outright this January

Would also mean that Coutinho would need to agree to a much, much, much, much lower salary straight away which I'm guessing he'd not be super stoked about. No club in the world will pay him £380k/w for his next contract.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â