Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

21 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Na, I left my paranoia on the shelf today. I think it more likely that our manager wanted him at Villa and gave him a quick call to ask him if he would come to Villa, Coutinho said 'Yes Stevie' and the rest is being played out via the media

Are you insinuating that sky put money before the truth?

Surely in the not too distant future some law wiz kid will realise that having a major news outlet running in conjunction with a major gambling operator may be a tad bit open to monkey business. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Because Sky threw a further 5 clubs into the mix so people are betting on them.

Yep, always the same.

Club “X” are gate-crashing the deal I’m sure offering a billion extra pounds 

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Because Sky threw a further 5 clubs into the mix so people are betting on them.

This is so true.

I can't see Arsenal being in for him with Saka, Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Odegaard and Pepe all competing for 3 places. They're already having to leave out Smith Rowe who is an excellent player. 
Newcastle could afford him but does he really want to go to a team up North who could get relegated? People saying they have lots of money, yes, they do, but he's going to get paid his 380k a week wherever he goes.
Spurs - maybe, but Levy isn't one to give out huge wages.
West Ham - I doubt they'd pay his wages.

Look, he may end up at a top club but we have massive pull here. We can clearly afford his wages, or the share of his wages at least and we can offer him something he needs - first team football. A fully fit Coutinho would be our best player and probably the first name on the team sheet so he gets game time here which is what he needs to get into the Brazil side. We also have Gerrard here and he may want a familiar face at whichever club he chooses next. 

To summise. He's already a multimillionairre and he'll be getting his 380k a week wherever he goes. What he wants is first team football and we can give it him here under a friend and someone he's played with before - Gerrard.

Really want to get this done on a 12 month basis with an option to buy. 

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you seriously think we have a chance of signing Coutinho without Gerrard ? 

Whether if happens or not, the only reason it’s being discussed is because Gerrard is our manager.  

No.

But I don't think it's a good move anyway.

Don't think it will happen either.

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

'negotiations with Villa progressing well but the players camp is awaiting more offers'

it would be annoying to see us get done over again

it's nice looking like a big club making offers for players such as ESR, JWP, and coutinho but it's not much good if they don't get through the door

i appreciate that lange can work on more than 1 player at a time but it's still a waste of time and effort

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We might get a clue later on.

Gregg u donkey, ye cus Gerrard is gonna say "ye Gregg we are in 4 him and he's thinking about it we will know one way or the other by lunch tomorrow".

He would clearly say...."we dont talk about transfers".

So basically nothing will be learned.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

Gregg u donkey, ye cus Gerrard is gonna say "ye Gregg we are in 4 him and he's thinking about it we will know one way or the other by lunch tomorrow".

I don't think Evans alluded to anything being disclosed by Gerrard.

He just said that it will be on the agenda, because we expect him to get 10 questions about this.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Gregg Evans just needs to be ignored. 

• Like 3

I think we are going to get the same as Danny Ings if it happens, hopefully on screen the Muppets will be talking about how he is more likely to join a scum6 club as the ticker tape breaking news along the bottom says we've signed him. Cherry on the cake.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

'negotiations with Villa progressing well but the players camp is awaiting more offers'

Makes sense for him, if he can get a CL club willing to give him game time then it's a better fit.

Just now, CVByrne said:

Makes sense for him, if he can get a CL club willing to give him game time then it's a better fit.

i'm guessing being cup tied isn't a thing with the CL ?

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The more I think of Coutinho I feel this has Newcastle all over it...

It'll be an issue with wages that will scupper us.

Newcastle could pay all his wages and offer him £10 million bonus if they avoid relegation.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â