Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, Hev said:

So we are all just believing these stories are we - and even embellishing them? 

Is that what this site is for, discussing transfer stories on football club forum is hardly embellishment... 

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You're probably right, but if he is known to be lacking application and desire, the club will loan him out and pay the wages.

Our ambitious owners haven't brought in a world class manager, to make him suffer fools.

PC will be given a chance no doubt, but from what my eyes have seen (and how he's performed in my FM save) he either can't or doesn't want to take it.

I've heard absolutely nothing about PC lacking any application. He was just a player pitnof form in a team out of form and set up to fail by a poor inexperienced coach. 

PC has been injured since Emery has been here so there can't be evidence of any application under him yet. 

As yet it's all just stories from C level websites. I can see a possibility that maybe PC does want to go home to Brazil, he's had a tough time since the summer, Gerrard sacked and he missed out on his dream to play in the world cup and he's been injured. 

None of this means that a move is possible and none of this means that he won't give 100% under Emery 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Ok now you got me curious :P 

Oh he's been useless, I hardly play him. In saying that he did score a cracker against Wolves but he's only getting a game cos I'm injury ravaged

23 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I've heard absolutely nothing about PC lacking any application. He was just a player pitnof form in a team out of form and set up to fail by a poor inexperienced coach. 

PC has been injured since Emery has been here so there can't be evidence of any application under him yet. 

As yet it's all just stories from C level websites. I can see a possibility that maybe PC does want to go home to Brazil, he's had a tough time since the summer, Gerrard sacked and he missed out on his dream to play in the world cup and he's been injured. 

None of this means that a move is possible and none of this means that he won't give 100% under Emery 

Do you think PC had the fight in him? Do you think he trains as hard and wants it as much as a 23 year old starting his PL journey?

You don't have to be a complete arsehole , or unprofessional to be a bad buy or a bad fit for a squad.

I'm sure he is a nice guy, and he came here to play and be loved but silk pyjamas and all that.

He doesn't look to have any fight left in him, I dont know why he's here now and I bet he is thinking the same thing.

He's not here for money or to progress his career and he has to work twice as hard at 30 to get a mid table team.

I don't see how this situation is good for anyone, he should never have signed should never have been signed and we need to explore ways of moving him on.

We have had this with so many players and people constantly try and convince themselves a change a manager or system will change anything. It won't. The writing is on the wall. Coutinho knows it. Purslow knows it. Emery knows it. Coutinho's agent knows it.

It's just a matter of how want to kick the can down the road longer.

48 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I think he’s perfectly happy where he is for now and accepts the playing situation. He isn’t guaranteed to start. He can still offer a lot to us as a team/club, in a variety of different ways. 

Leaves Barcelona and takes a 300k pay cut because he isn't starting.

Moves to Birmingham where he isn't starting and can't see him starting - this is fine.

Why do we all believe these click bait narratives and crap the media churns out?

Emery has been in charge for only 2 prem matches and one cup, Phil has been injured and probably not even match fit yet.

So no one has any idea if Emery rates him, will play him, or how he will manage him. And NO ONE knows if Phil will thrive or die under Emery.

Saying he wants out just because Gerrard left is just lazy journalism, even under Stevie G, Phil wasn't a guaranteed starter anymore and his form was poor. So fairly low base to start with.

No Brazil team can afford his wages so the reports of him 'going home' are ridiculous. Why would he suddenly have thought he can't play at the highest level anymore? What player has ever had that drop in ego?

He doesn't have the pace of old, but he has shown he has the ability (at times), maybe the new management can get the best out of him rather the previous clown show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Why do we all believe these click bait narratives and crap the media churns out?

Emery has been in charge for only 2 prem matches and one cup, Phil has been injured and probably not even match fit yet.

So no one has any idea if Emery rates him, will play him, or how he will manage him. And NO ONE knows if Phil will thrive or die under Emery.

Saying he wants out just because Gerrard left is just lazy journalism, even under Stevie G, Phil wasn't a guaranteed starter anymore and his form was poor. So fairly low base to start with.

No Brazil team can afford his wages so the reports of him 'going home' are ridiculous. Why would he suddenly have thought he can't play at the highest level anymore? What player has ever had that drop in ego?

He doesn't have the pace of old, but he has shown he has the ability (at times), maybe the new management can get the best out of him rather the previous clown show.

Emery knows him from managing in the same league for the last 2/3 seasons

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Emery knows him from managing in the same league for the last 2/3 seasons

so isn't that a good thing???

I mean 'seeing a player play in the same league' is not the same as managing them? 

Not sure there is any manager in any league who hasn't seen Phil play

I don't think any manager would judge a player within a few weeks of joining a club, knowing what we paid for that player and the wages involved, unless he really really hates him...

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

so isn't that a good thing???

I mean 'seeing a player play in the same league' is not the same as managing them? 

Not sure there is any manager in any league who hasn't seen Phil play

Yeah so maybe he is also convinced he is finished

On 22/12/2022 at 11:10, CVByrne said:

You are right in much of the second guessing, and you are right in the fact that he has been injured, under UE.....But lets not kid oursleves here, not all what happened under SG is a get out of jail for us now. 

Phil Coutinho has shown 2 faces under SG.....One of sublime talent and another of a player, who was easily negated and went missing at times......Thats not reporting, thats what we saw, certainly I did.

I am with you, I would be delighted if UE can get something out of him, like the Phil that joined us, but, I fear we have now, a Deli Ali on our hands( just my suspicion).....and it saddens me to say that.

I hope, I am totally wrong, and he has just had a bit of a form dip, followed by an injury....but I suspect this league is simply too robust and physically demanding for him, and his expression, looks like he knows it.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â