Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Do u think Ollie doesn't want his team mates scoring goals which could mean we finish higher up the table and possibly  in Europe and increasing Ollie's end of year bonus?

Why does he not work with Ings. If he wanted it to work, he would pass to him more, or they would be a team, little 1-2s.

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If the player is fully amortised then he is out of contract and leaves on a free. If we extend his contract we extend the amortisation period. The only way to get around that is to let his contract expire and let the player become a free agent and then sign him again as a freebie. If we sell a player he must be under contract

You only extend the amortisation of what is remaining to be amortised when the new contract is signed. 

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Why does he not work with Ings. If he wanted it to work, he would pass to him more, or they would be a team, little 1-2s.

I think because they are both wanting to play in exactly the same position on the pitch. Ollie wants the role as striker and not out on the wing. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

You only extend the amortisation of what is remaining to be amortised when the new contract is signed. 

Yep, I know that. Buy for 20m, extend after 2 years and u have 2.5m a year for the next 4 years assuming a 2 year extension. Sell in year 3 and there is 7.5m extra profit over the freebie signing for years 4,5 and 6 of FFP

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

You are right, time goes past too quickly., Christ, that was a bad Jan window 😄.

Is it over all ready? Blimey I thought it was only the 5th. I think it’s time for my Horlicks. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think because they are both wanting to play in exactly the same position on the pitch. Ollie wants the role as striker and not out on the wing. 

I think it's cause he wants to be the goal scorer. I don't think the Arsenal rumour is just a rumour. he wants most of the goals here, A strikers quality is based on goals ain't it. If he wants that big move, he needs goals. If Ings gets more, he won't be noticed.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ooooh it’s 1/6 now. It’s happening lads!

Exciting times.

Holy crap. I hadn't looked at the odds. Deano, although he was absolutely massively supported by NSWE, must feel a little miffed with seeing this. I know I would if I were he

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Holy crap. I hadn't looked at the odds. Deano, although he was absolutely massively supported by NSWE, must feel a little miffed with seeing this. I know I would if I were he

shouldn't have lost all those games in 2021 then shouldn't he

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Coutinho wasn't in the same position then as now and Gerrard may be a draw card.

Certainly he isn't going to attract big names where he manages now.

Real statement signing this, if you want to be a big club, act like one.

Can only think the people seeing negatives in this are the sort that would win a half share in a £100m lottery and then complain about not winning it all! 

• Haha 1

How long does he left on his Barca deal, feels like Liverpool sold him about 6 years ago now.

Don't see the issue with taking him on loan tbh. He does have air of yesterday's player of course but his best level is miles higher than Barkley and if we could get 5-10 really good games out of him it would be worth it.

Not sure what we'd have to pay financially but we also paid over 10m + to take Barkley for the year so again don't see huge issue and this could be sort of signing that shifts perceptions about us as he's still a biggish name in world football based on his reputation.

One to watch I guess but this is where Gerrard factor could well influence a decision.

1 minute ago, ozvillafan said:

Coutinho wasn't in the same position then as now and Gerrard may be a draw card.

Certainly he isn't going to attract big names where he manages now.

Coutinho would've never wanted to play for us under Dean Smith. If he decides to come here it's purely down to wanting to work with Gerrard again.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â