Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You lot are basically now telling me that in circa 10 years, all I'll have to look forward to is randomly pissing myself? 🤔🙄

So you’re telling me that I’m not supposed to be doing that at 45? 😉😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ejvilla said:

Haha - probably - I'm just being lazy and going back as far as I can remember 😁 

Presume we had some big signings in the 70s/80s?

I completely agreed with your comment when I read it and it was only afterwards I actually thought about it and I can't think of a higher profile player to sign for AVFC while still in his prime

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't actually care that he's 29 nearing 30 with probably his best days behind him, the idea of Coutinho in a Villa shirt is mouthwatering.

Doesn't matter that Barca don't want him, they've ruined many careers, when Coutinho went there he was one of the very best in the world and he's one of most gifted footballers I've seen in the PL. If we can work out a deal in the short term with an option to extend if successful that would do me and it would be win-win. 

I hate how we struggle to create chances game after game and especially since Grealish left, Buendia was supposed to be that guy but is totally inconsistent, Bailey is always injured. Coutinho would undoubtedly solve that problem. Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey behind Watkins is on paper an incredible attack.

I still think a LB and CDM are the key positions we need to strengthen but we need to give our heads a wobble if we're turning our noses up at signing Coutinho.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Profit does not take into account wages, it is based on transfer fee. In the accounting year we sell the player we would make a bigger accounting profit on the free transfer player. Obviously, over the course of the contract we would have increased operational costs due to higher wages but these are in different accounting years. From an FFP perspective, it would give us greater future spending power making more profit on the player sale

FFP is calculated on overall PnL relating to players - ie including wages - and over a rolling 3-year window.

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I await in eager anticipation of this historic moment. Will there be costume changes?

For sure and they will happen as if by magic, on a serious note, let's all hope we have some concrete news tomorrow, SG said the fans would be excited if he gets his targets, that's a yes then.

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Has a player of this kind of reputation/stature ever joined villa before? 

i would say a fair comparisson is JT when we were in the championship. this does have that sort of feel about it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is only 24 months since we signed Borja Baston in the Jan window and 12 months since we signed Ally Samatta in the Jan window. It appears that transfer policy may have changed slightly this Jan

we signed them both in the same window

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

FFP is calculated on overall PnL relating to players - ie including wages - and over a rolling 3-year window.

Exactly, so if we sell a player, say 3 years after we purchase him then the profit on his sale will be for the FFP period in years 4, 5, and 6 (depending on what moth he was sold but I am assuming the summer transfer window. The cost of wages that are a loss from a P&L perspective will be applicable to years 1,2 and 3 of the players contract. This means that selling a freebie signing will give greater future FFP scope. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is only 24 months since we signed Borja Baston in the Jan window and 12 months since we signed Ally Samatta in the Jan window. It appears that transfer policy may have changed slightly this Jan

they were both signed in the same window but nevertheless your point stands. we came out of that transfer window incredibly underwhelmed. imagine if you told us that in 2 years time we'd sign coutinho and people wouldn't be happy about it?

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

they were both signed in the same window but nevertheless your point stands. we came out of that transfer window incredibly underwhelmed. imagine if you told us that in 2 years time we'd sign coutinho and people wouldn't be happy about it?

Yep, exactly the point I was trying to get across. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â