Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m so happy to see him score that goal. It’s hard to remember now as it was so long ago but it was scoring them goals for fun in this league. He’s still got it!  Exciting times.

Can't wait to see him do it in claret & blue

1 hour ago, zak said:

Can we get him signed up permanently before things get out of control.

An option to buy is great and all, but im pretty worried if he performs well enough, he'll reject the option and go elsewhere

I had no idea of his character before he joined, but he doesnt seem to be a big-time-Charlie or mercenary, on the contrary, he seems quiet and reserved and is now in a more relaxed setting with the familiarity and belief of Gerrard behind him. To a certain extent maybe he knows better than most now that the grass isnt always greener and has been to top clubs so that itch has been scratched. I would suggest the only real risk is from Liverpool, but I really think if he gets firing again, he will be loyal to Gerrard and likely us too. I can see him buying into the project and working for success here, he certainly will be a King here and will be paid as well as anywhere else within reason at this stage in his career. I dont think we have to worry.

• Like 1

The fanbase will let him know just how much we adore him, we love and crave a Holte End hero after all and he is the natural successor to Gresford. Gerrard, our owners & Purslow no doubt will be the same in terms of showing him this is the place for him; and how he still has so much to offer.

If the loan is successful, these factors should be enough to secure him. Money wont be a huge motivator for him anymore. It was telling that he was looking for schools for the kids and seemingly looking to settle back in England, seems he sees himself on these shores for the long term. I think we’re going to have an exciting few years ahead now. Ive always wanted to see a little Brazilian playmaker at Villa since being a kid and all those links to Juninho. Finally got there, at 35 😄

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I had no idea of his character before he joined, but he doesnt seem to be a big-time-Charlie or mercenary, on the contrary, he seems quiet and reserved and is now in a more relaxed setting with the familiarity and belief of Gerrard behind him. To a certain extent maybe he knows better than most now that the grass isnt always greener and has been to top clubs so that itch has been scratched. I would suggest the only real risk is from Liverpool, but I really think if he gets firing again, he will be loyal to Gerrard and likely us too. I can see him buying into the project and working for success here, he certainly will be a King here and will be paid as well as anywhere else within reason at this stage in his career. I dont think we have to worry.

I agree with this. He’s been there done that with the big move and it didn’t work out for him. It seems it’s important to him to be happy where he is playing and it does seem he is very close with Gerrard. 

I don’t know how true it is but I heard he was prepared to accept less money from us with the permanent contract that has been agreed than he was from other clubs.

I'd guess that it would be down to Coutinho if we tried to sign him at the end of the season. Barca will have no say in it whatsoever obviously. I can't imagine Coutinho screwing over his mate though. 

I think we shouldn't get carried away though, I remember people wanting Barkley at £40m last season before his form plummeted. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd guess that it would be down to Coutinho if we tried to sign him at the end of the season. Barca will have no say in it whatsoever obviously. I can't imagine Coutinho screwing over his mate though. 

I think we shouldn't get carried away though, I remember people wanting Barkley at £40m last season before his form plummeted. 

An option to buy does not normally give the player any ability to back out of it, if it did it would be fairly pointless. If we exercise the option then Coutinho becomes a Villa player

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I think the difference here is that the person involved isn't a c u next Tuesday and might actually, you know, try. 

Edited by Steero113

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Barkley has always been a rocket polisher wasting his talent though. Coutinho has always been a top baller. He'll fall in love with Villa and hopefully stay.

51 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Barkley has always been a rocket polisher wasting his talent though. Coutinho has always been a top baller. He'll fall in love with Villa and hopefully stay.

He does not need to fall in love with us. If we think he is good enough for us to make it permanent - he stays. If not, he goes back.

The option is ours. Barca and Coutinho have no say in the matter.

16 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He does not need to fall in love with us. If we think he is good enough for us to make it permanent - he stays. If not, he goes back.

The option is ours. Barca and Coutinho have no say in the matter.

Yeah, when I said I hope he stays I meant because he's proven himself.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â