Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I can't imagine they're paying all of his large (but not Digne-level) wages.

They'll definitely be contributing a significant chunk, and therefore it's better than us terminating his contract and recognising the full loss of his net book value as well as the compensation we'd owe if we did.

There was a lot of media rumours that he's taken a significant pay cut to go to Vasco and that they are paying 100% of his reduced wages.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

It was media confirmed yesterday that they are paying 100% of his wages. I don’t have a link to hand but I’m sure somebody can provide the reporting.

• Thanks 2

Cheers for that. And if that be the case then it's a great result for us. A year with no loss to us. 

By the end of the season he'll only have a NBV of about 4m. We might even be able to sell him for a couple of mill to reduce the loss if he does something good at vasco. Or maybe trade him for a youth prospect of theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Probably the best move for all involved. I hope he is able to rediscover some of his form back home in Brazil.

He just needs a good preseason 😜

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

There was a lot of media rumours that he's taken a significant pay cut to go to Vasco and that they are paying 100% of his reduced wages.

After taking a pay cut to join us his salary has plummeted in recent years. Obviously he’ll just about manage and I applaud him for valuing playing and being happy than just taking the dough. 

But makes you wonder how bad that injury really was. Yard of pace lost has wiped millions of his net worth. 

• Like 1

If he halved his salary to join us and then cut them again, he might've been better off financially seeing out his Barca contract. Fair play for him for trying to play football still, on less (albeit still shit loads of) money for a longer time.

6 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

If he halved his salary to join us and then cut them again, he might've been better off financially seeing out his Barca contract. Fair play for him for trying to play football still, on less (albeit still shit loads of) money for a longer time.

Yeah.  If I was paid 300k a week not playing for Barcelona, had it halved to 150k a week to not play in the Pl, and then further cut to 100k a week to play in my home country of Brasil.... 

😬

Seriously though, you're right. He seems like a genuinely nice guy.  Probably says more about the state of the game that he's one of about 3 people in world football that would do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Him coming to Vasco is a massive deal out here in Rio. His presentation to fans on Saturday was a big event, there were parties outside the stadium with fireworks, it's crazy!

(My son wore his Villa shirt to the Vasco game last Tuesday, the locals were loving it!)

1000038841.jpg

It looks like they are hurling abuse! Bit brave to do that wasn’t it? 

30 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It looks like they are hurling abuse! Bit brave to do that wasn’t it? 

Nah, they were loving the Villa link. All good natured. 

42 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Nah, they were loving the Villa link. All good natured. 

Nice. That’s a great photo. Looks mad! That cabling! 

• Thanks 1

On 11/07/2024 at 15:31, fightoffyour said:

I expect he has a fair amount in his piggy bank as well to tide him over…

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I expect he has a fair amount in his piggy bank as well to tide him over…

Of course he's incredibly rich either way, but I think some credit is due for doing what most don't.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Nice. That’s a great photo. Looks mad! That cabling! 

There was a biblical storm after the game, I cannot believe the infrastructure survives weather like that.

As for Phil, quality of football is not good here. He'll be a cut above everyone.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â