Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The only thing we know is that the deal will make sense for us otherwise we have just loaned him out somewhere again and just got whatever off his wages we could. 

Providing there were any clubs wiling to loan him for a season on his wages at Villa. Which probably wasn't the case.

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

I see people (including myself) at the time thought it was a decent deal to get him for 20m, how **** wrong that was.

We can't be blame as we are just fickle football fans, but that medical dept who had all the details and those with detailed info and sanctioned this transfer deserve more than a **** shooting.

I thought it was worth a pint as a loan signing to see or he could recapture his Liverpool form to some extent. The permanent deal was where it became an expensive mistake. Purslow interrupted the players awards evening to get his picture taken, was as stupid as anything thst Xia and co. managed and we know that’s setting the bar pretty low!! I know Purslow did some good things for the club but I’m sure that in hindsight hr regrets the whole of the time that his pal  Slippy G was here. I know we all can look back on decisions we’ve made which would have been better in hindsight but we’ve generally had to take responsible and have paid for them. He’s no longer at the club so I suppose he has paid a price but the club has suffered and continues to do so while Coutinho is on the books. Ok it may have been only one mistake but it was a pretty big one! 

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Providing there were any clubs wiling to loan him for a season on his wages at Villa. Which probably wasn't the case.

No way will anyone pay his full wages but loaning him to someone who will pay 25% of them reduces our costs by 25%.  This deal must have made better sense than that from a FFP point of view. 

12 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

I saw it on this thread about three hours ago. It was a tweet by Romano

Was on Talkshite website as well.....

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Best player chant the Villa fans have come up with in living memory too. 

Too much effin and a jeffin

12 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

I see people (including myself) at the time thought it was a decent deal to get him for 20m, how **** wrong that was.

We can't be blame as we are just fickle football fans, but that medical dept who had all the details and those with detailed info and sanctioned this transfer deserve more than a **** shooting.

The guy ability was gone when we signed him, even if he was fit he wouldnt have contributed much

A dreadful signing by the Purslow/Gerrard dream team and a reason we are trying to sell Dougie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Oh ffs he was just about to get fit.

5 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Just needed a proper pre-season

He’ll come good if he can just get a run of games 

• Haha 2

He was very good for the first 2 months of his loan then crap after that. The loan was fine, it was making it permanent where our judgement was very poor.

Gerrard was responsible for a lot of the mess we have now but Coutinho isn’t the only reason. Carlos and Dendoncker were just as bad if not worse as we are clearly struggling to offload them too. Digne was better than the others but still a large fee and wages. Chambers was a free, only issue with him is his wages and struggling to get rid.

The irony is Gerrard made all these questionable signings but then made probably our best signing of the last 5 years in Kamara. Probably about the only good thing he did.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

The guy ability was gone when we signed him, even if he was fit he wouldnt have contributed much

A dreadful signing by the Purslow/Gerrard dream team and a reason we are trying to sell Dougie

Countinho didn’t write the PSR rules did he? Be mad at the league. The club has written the wrongs of that era now. 

Some signings work out, some really dont. Ive seen most clubs take huge hits on players they thought were going to be amazing. I think yesterday Spuds wrote off 60m Nbombele. 

I thought the Coutinho loan was really exciting, some of his performances were as good as any id seen in a villa shirt but his inability to play 90 minutes should have been staring someone in the face. In the end i think Barcas willingness to negotiate a good price and Villa desperation for marquee signings probably left us a bit blinkered. 

Sadly he wont be the last player to lose money on. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Some signings work out, some really dont. Ive seen most clubs take huge hits on players they thought were going to be amazing. I think yesterday Spuds wrote off 60m Nbombele. 

I thought the Coutinho loan was really exciting, some of his performances were as good as any id seen in a villa shirt but his inability to play 90 minutes should have been staring someone in the face. In the end i think Barcas willingness to negotiate a good price and Villa desperation for marquee signings probably left us a bit blinkered. 

Sadly he wont be the last player to lose money on. 

Yep, every PL club loses money on some players and has to write-off fees.  It's part of football and especially for the PL where no other league can afford to buy your cast-offs.

34 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Bye Phil, sorry to see it end like this. 

The loan period was class, the permanent, well it's just one of those things. 

United debut and Leeds game in particular.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

United debut and Leeds game in particular.

I was at the United game and it was the best draw I've ever seen, atmosphere was incredible. 

Came away from that game thinking that we'd pulled off a hell of a coup. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â