Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, pete101 said:

Played well but still can't help but watch him and be reminded of a retired legend that's playing in a charity game, moments of magic but looks old on the pitch 

Nah, that’s just how a lot of Brazilians play 

11 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just got back from the game.  I was sitting right on the touch line that Coutinho was playing so got to watch him up close, on and off the ball and I have to say he swayed me firmly in the camp that he can be a real asset this season both from quality and desire.  Not saying he’s going to be anywhere near POTS but can have a good role for us.  Previously I wasn’t fussed whether he stayed or went.

I agree with you. Although not at the game I watched it live and thought he was quick, nice touches and importantly involved with a few good shots on goal.

If Coutinho can stay fit he could be a real asset this season.

• Like 1

It was hard to judge him last night imo, Lazio were that bad. The third goal summed their performance up. Coutinho literally flinched to go inside off the ball and all 3 Lazio players went to cover leaving a massive gap for an easy ball to Revan who had nobody near him. It was school boy stuff all night from them. 

Really torn on this one.

I'm not sure he will be able to keep up with the pace of the PL, but would be a great asset for cup games, especially when we could have lots of them this season.

I'm leaning more towards keeping him as, when fit, he still offers us something few other players in the team can offer.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Maybe he should return to Serie A. Their pace sounds like it suits.

Was actually thinking this last night when watching the game, he'd probably do well there at a team like Lazio or Roma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Really torn on this one.

I'm not sure he will be able to keep up with the pace of the PL, but would be a great asset for cup games, especially when we could have lots of them this season.

I'm leaning more towards keeping him as, when fit, he still offers us something few other players in the team can offer.

If there’s a taker, I’d rather we moved him on and brought in a younger & more effective option - the player Phil SHOULD have been for us… would really help us out…

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If there’s a taker, I’d rather we moved him on and brought in a younger & more effective option - the player Phil SHOULD have been for us… would really help us out…

And that's the other side of the argument for me. For what we're paying him we should expect much more in terms of contribution.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

And that's the other side of the argument for me. For what we're paying him we should expect much more in terms of contribution.

Well, he can take the next penalty for certain 🤣

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â