Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He really was finished when he signed but some didnt want to believe it but this was his best Liverpool highlights. He has done nothing like that since signing 

His pace agility and ability to change direction quickly isn't there now.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He really was finished when he signed but some didnt want to believe it but this was his best Liverpool highlights. He has done nothing like that since signing 

He had that little burst of speed, it was all he needed. He doesn't have it anymore. He still does the little flicks and stuff but, how much damage can he really do if the defender can catch him up instantly? He'll be good for us in Europe though.

As others have said he doesn’t have the burst of speed but he still sees a pass and he is good finisher from inside the box. He can still find space in the box with a late run too. 

If we sell him fine but if we get euro football he’d be an asset . 

I still think that if the Vegas Villans (or another team in V if that one doesn't happen) could be a great destination for him as an initial "marquee" signing. The four year contract may not be a total waste of we can wrangle some kind of internal group transfer like that, he still has a marketable name.

• Like 1

He seems like a great guy and it's a shame it's not worked out. Kinda expected but still a shame.

Really hope we can find a new club for him on a permanent move since we can't really keep paying £120k/w or whatever to a bit part player (Digne is still a useful piece while obviously overpaied) and I don't see him coming back to any consistent form at this level.

A move to Miami (little or no fee for us) or even better a move to Saudi would be great. Any club in Brazil and we likely have to buy him out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I still think that if the Vegas Villans (or another team in V if that one doesn't happen) could be a great destination for him as an initial "marquee" signing. The four year contract may not be a total waste of we can wrangle some kind of internal group transfer like that, he still has a marketable name.

Yeah we can sell him to Vegas Villans, let him go at mates rates for a little over £50 millon. Job done, everyone’s a winner. 

23 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Thanks Stevie you word removed. 

And Purslow. Gerrard couldn't have done anywhere near the damage if he wasn't allowed to sign whoever he wanted.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

And Purslow. Gerrard couldn't have done anywhere near the damage if he wasn't allowed to sign whoever he wanted.

Hoping Coutinho and Digne are both gone in the Summer to free up some wages. Dendoncker too. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Hoping Coutinho and Digne are both gone in the Summer to free up some wages. Dendoncker too. 

I think we'll be paying both of them to the end of the deals here.

17 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He had that little burst of speed, it was all he needed. He doesn't have it anymore. He still does the little flicks and stuff but, how much damage can he really do if the defender can catch him up instantly? He'll be good for us in Europe though.

Yeah could be one of the reasons that 90% of his shots balloon over the bar. He doesn't have the quick speed to create the space for shooting properly anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I think we'll be paying both of them to the end of the deals here.

I’d be inclined to agree if it weren’t for Ings leaving (I never thought that would happen) and the fact we have Alemany. There is also a fair bit of money for high profile players in the Saudi League. I’m hoping something materialises. 

Regardless of Coutinhos ability, the bloke just seems to have broken down. You can be the best player in the world but if you’re never fit, it’s pointless. 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

People are not getting the economics of this. There's no way he can be sold in summer. It's a Loan or we keep him around 

Probably not, but he will cost us another £6m in wages next year, so we'd only need to sell for £7m plus to break even in FFP terms. Obviously if they feel he needs replacing in the squad the wages for any replacement make it less viable.

24 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Probably not, but he will cost us another £6m in wages next year, so we'd only need to sell for £7m plus to break even in FFP terms. Obviously if they feel he needs replacing in the squad the wages for any replacement make it less viable.

But no-one would pay £7m for him because of his wages.   We’d have to give him away for free and subsidise his wages to get rid of him

45 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Crazy how this time last year we were shitting bricks about whether or not he'd join us permanently.

We thought Newcastle or Spurs were going to come in last minute to scupper the deal 🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I think a Loan is more realistic, he has an annual cost to us of about £10.75m we can recoup 6-8m of that for a season long loan and then resolve it next summer hopefully he can perform well. No Brazilian team can afford that so it's somewhere in Europe.

I still think there's a decent chance he stays at Villa though and things are reassessed in Jan. A lot hinges on Europe though too

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â