Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Coutinho is certainly a talent but I don't see him as disciplined enough to play in an Emery team.

He is too fond of trying for wonder-goals from outside the box and free-kicks - even the very best score only one in ten attempts.

It would be my guess that Emery would think it a waste.

• Like 1

Oh I think Emery has plans for Coutinho, those 2 games before he got injured showed Emery was getting a tune out of him, if we make European football next season he will be invaluable to us, I don't see him going anywhere in the summer.

49 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Isn't having a bone in your leg, a prerequisite of having a leg?🧐

Our medical team are bloody useless, probably why Grealish missed all them games as didnt know why he had shins

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Coutinho is certainly a talent but I don't see him as disciplined enough to play in an Emery team.

He is too fond of trying for wonder-goals from outside the box and free-kicks - even the very best score only one in ten attempts.

It would be my guess that Emery would think it a waste.

That was the main strategy under Gerrard, give it to Phil and hope for a moment of magic. I’m sure as a professional footballer he’s more than capable of following instructions.

1 hour ago, Dan-BrightonVillan said:

Honestly think some are being a bit hard on Coutinho, he's been unlucky with injuries this season, and no one played well under Gerrard. I'd still like to see what he can do under a proper coach / manager - he was class in his day maybe Emery can get him back to those levels? If he did we'd have a hell of a player, and he's surely still got some decent years ahead if he looks after himself? 

Utlimately, whatever Emery decides goes and I'll back it 100% if he wants to move him on, but wouldn't be so quick to write him off personally! 

Bit similar to how Norwich fans treated Aaron Ramsey because of his connection to Dean Smith 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Phil. He could surly play that false 9 role beside Watkins, he literally couldn’t be any worse than Bailey.

There is a great positive momentum in the team right now, he better not come with that attitude!

Fun aside, I feel like he can still play an important role in an Emery team. 

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

The scenes when he scores a last-minute winner vs Brighton to secure European football.

I was thinking this on the way home from work today!!! That's crazy, literally 2 hours ago thinking this exact thing

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I don’t think we’ve seen the last of Phil. He could surly play that false 9 role beside Watkins, he literally couldn’t be any worse than Bailey.

Drop 1 of  Ramsey Mcginn Buendia behind Watkins for Coutinho would weaken us. Emergency injury cover at best

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Drop 1 of  Ramsey Mcginn Buendia behind Watkins for Coutinho would weaken us. Emergency injury cover at best

Depends on the opposition, Ramsey isn’t as effective versus a low block. Emery doesn’t have 1 system, Coutinho might be better suited to certain opposition 

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Depends on the opposition, Ramsey isn’t as effective versus a low block. Emery doesn’t have 1 system, Coutinho might be better suited to certain opposition 

Not seen any evidence Coutinho is more effective against a low block

Last few games before his injury he looked very good, we know he has the talent.

Arguably the most gifted player Villa have and I'd love to see him next season helping us in our European games (should we qualify) and here and there in the odd PL and Cup games.

Yes I know he's on a lot of money but his experience could be invaluable next season and the extra numbers required for the squad.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â