Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

55 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

This has a broken man that just wants to go home written all over it, play in front of crowds that adore him, where no one will notice or care that's he is half the footballer he use to be.

Yes he showed glimpses of his brilliance for us, and it was magnificent, some of the best stuff you'll see from any Villa players over the last decade.

But he's decided it's all too hard, and that's fine, he's not good enough, move him on get someone else in.

I don't want a team defined by Phillipe Coutinho's, doesn't mean I don't want good players. Just there is no need to be so reliant and players who aren't all in for this club at the time we are paying them.

No hard feelings, wish him the best, but apart from a few brief moments he did absolutely f$&k all for us..

Edited by Villan_of_oz

15 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ashley Westwood did more for this club....

Westwood wasn’t shit, he would have been better if we had recent players around him. A solid pro and a good passer of the ball, not spectacular, but a player who never shied away from things for us. 

15 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Westwood wasn’t shit, he would have been better if we had recent players around him. A solid pro and a good passer of the ball, not spectacular, but a player who never shied away from things for us. 

In fairness he shied away from a number of tackles in his time here. Thr rest I agree with

25 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I totally agree mate, I defended him til the very end.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness he shied away from a number of tackles in his time here. Thr rest I agree with

You're right but he played in a totally gutless team and even he wavered at times, but I can also remember the many occasions he looked the only one that cared too.

It's the same issue with the Ronaldo situation, some people can't take their beer goggles off and see the player for who he is now, right this minute in the present.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I really can't see why he won't be given the same chance under Emery as everyone else is. No South American club can afford him, they just like the publicity of being linked to him

You're probably right, but if he is known to be lacking application and desire, the club will loan him out and pay the wages.

Our ambitious owners haven't brought in a world class manager, to make him suffer fools.

PC will be given a chance no doubt, but from what my eyes have seen (and how he's performed in my FM save) he either can't or doesn't want to take it.

37 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You're right but he played in a totally gutless team and even he wavered at times, but I can also remember the many occasions he looked the only one that cared too.

100%

remember, he came into our first team after signing from CREWE. Massive respect for the step up - and with better management I feel his game would have improved too. 

1 minute ago, Dodgyknees said:

remember, he came into our first team after signing from CREWE. Massive respect for the step up - and with better management I feel his game would have improved too. 

It did at Burnley, so you are indeed correct. 

To continue this love in we may need to find the Ashley Westwood thread 🤣

8 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It did at Burnley, so you are indeed correct. 

To continue this love in we may need to find the Ashley Westwood thread 🤣

Happy to join you there 😁

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This has a broken man that just wants to go home written all over it, play in front of crowds that adore him, where no one will notice or care that's he is half the footballer he use to be.

Yes he showed glimpses of his brilliance for us, and it was magnificent, some of the best stuff you'll see from any Villa players over the last decade.

But he's decided it's all too hard, and that's fine, he's not good enough, move him on get someone else in.

I don't want a team defined by Phillipe Coutinho's, doesn't mean I don't want good players. Just there is no need to be so reliant and players who aren't all in for this club at the time we are paying them.

No hard feelings, wish him the best, but apart from a few brief moments he did absolutely f$&k all for us..

A bit of an exaggeration, no?

He doesn't look like a broken man from the training photos posted from him and the club.  Not saying he doesn't want to go or that he won't go, but let's not blow things out of proportion.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

A bit of an exaggeration, no?

He doesn't look like a broken man from the training photos posted from him and the club.  Not saying he doesn't want to go or that he won't go, but let's not blow things out of proportion

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion in my view. In terms of his football career, he is a broken man and has been for a while now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â