Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not sure he’s any worse than Buendia has been but Buendia seems to get the support of the fans. 

I think he's been much worse. 

At least Buendia has the work rate and attempts to make things happen. Coutinho just can't get into games. 

Coutinho at his worst was still starting 20-odd games for teams in Germany and Spain that were winning trophies and competing in the Champions League. The coaches at those clubs weren't mugs, they didn't pick him out of sympathy or because they were idiots. He has talent, ability and can play a very effective role in any team. 

He will start most games under Emery, as will Buendia. They're both talented players that should be in Europe and with any luck Emery will get the best out of them to drag us there 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How's that going to work then? 

Probably by playing them in their actual positions that made us buy them in the first place. Buendia played on the right almost every game for Norwich and Coutinho played off the left or in the 10. Ideally we need some pace in the team so Bailey has to play which forces Coutinho into the 10. With what we have this has to be miles better than playing Watkins wide if you ask me.

My only concern is how physically weak it might make the midfield but Bailey and Buendia work hard and with Luiz/Kamara CM I think it's okay.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How's that going to work then? 

They started together at the Etihad last May and we pasted them in the first half.

Total collapse in the second half, but Buendia and Coutinho were rampant for 45 minutes.

But generally, Phil seems disinterested. As if he's just going through the motions. Playing football because that's what he is supposed to do, but not because he wants to. He doesn't seem to take any pleasure in it. There's no demonstrable joy or intensity in his body language and actual game play. 

He seems checked out, completely. 

Hopefully Emery can rekindle the fire. If not, we are set to take a massive loss on Phil. We are already taking a loss in terms of output on the pitch.

will be interesting to see if Couts can force his way back in, or whether Emery doesnt see him as mobile/physical enough to play in his system.

i would bet money that Emery has been given the reins to entirely build the team/project in his image, with zero come back for dropping/offloading whoever he wants as long as he turns the club around (unlike his time at Arsenal with Ozil etc).

Why would he not be dropped?

He doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't get into positions to do either, can't run, can't beat people, can't out muscle people, doesn't make key passes , doesn't /can't work hard and looks disinterested.

But deep down he's a really good player!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why would he not be dropped?

He doesn't score, doesn't assist, doesn't get into positions to do either, can't run, can't beat people, can't out muscle people, doesn't make key passes , doesn't /can't work hard and looks disinterested.

But deep down he's a really good player!

He is still a good technical player but his lack of movement is why he isnt a top 5 European league player anymore. Move to MLS or maybe Portugal/Netherlands/Turkey and he would probably play better

Shambles to sign him permanently

• Like 2

Was so excited by the performance and obviously result today that I didn't even cop he wasn't in the squad at all until the final subs were being made. Wow, bold move by Emery, really says a lot.

Wonder if we'll try to sell him in January 🤔

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â