Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

He was poor yesterday but so we’re the rest of the team.

He is a World class player, no doubt our most skilful player at the club and one of the most expensive players in World football.

Let’s not kid ourselves, this is a guy who can make shit happen if the players around him are performing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many great games has he had though, about 3 from my recollection

Was not a great decision to sign him permanently and people said at the time, him blocking Buendia into the first team is quite sad at this moment

Yeah 3 or 4 (I would add Man City the last game but one).

I think it was great business and Phil is now an important asset for us as a club even if Gerrard leaves. I 100% agree though that Buendia should be playing.

I think its ridiculous and embarrassing at this point Gerrard & Staff cant get two of our best players working well together. If yesterday was a wake up call for anyone to change it has to start with Gerrard and staff. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

He is a World class player, no doubt our most skilful player at the club and one of the most expensive players in World football.

Let’s not kid ourselves, this is a guy who can make shit happen if the players around him are performing. 

He’s been world class but certainly isn’t anymore.

9 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

The word you were looking for is ‘was’

There is one important thing that I have noticed in pre-season.

We ALWAYS played better in the second half ( which coincidencly is when Emi usually comes on )

IMHO.Coutinho has had his day ( how old is he now ? ) He is not over the hill just yet,but he is definately on the way.

I think for £17m we couldn’t turn him down.

But with him saying how much he wanted to play for Gerrard, I was hoping he would really have worked on his fitness over preseason and get himself really sharp. Especially having lost the last couple of yrs of proper football at Barca. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that way. 

He was an expensive flop at Barça. They couldn't get rid of him fast enough. Didn't do anything special at Bayern either. He's very much in decline and it's a terrible shame that a special player on the way up is being benched instead of him. 

"He went to Barca, and just sat on the bench,

He came to Villa, 'Cause Gerrard is he friend,

He's effing useless..."

Ok I'm getting carried away, but if he doesn't get his droppings together that might soon become his chant 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

He needs better players than McMeatball around him to thrive.

Not really. He needs to roll back the clock 5 years when he had some kind of athleticism. He is done as a top 3 league player you'd look to play most weeks....that's why he hasn't.

Play with 2x 6's, Buendia in front of them, Coutinho inside left, Bailey inside right and a striker. Job done. No more he's shit, no more Buendia isn't in the team. Our two best players are on the pitch so no more shit Villa.  

• Like 2

On 06/08/2022 at 17:59, rodders0223 said:

He'll be off to the middle east by seasons close I've no doubt.

He's not up to PL football anymore and I really don't know why.

A) We signed him. 

B  ) He's come back to this league to a poor team when he couldn't hack it in Spain or Gernany in good teams anymore.

A transfer that made zero sense. For anyone.

An 

I got laughed out of here for saying we shouldn't have signed him when we did.

Â