Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im still not on the blame Coutinho wagon, he is clearly talented, and we still havent played a proper formation where we get to see Coutinho, Buendia and Bailey playing in some sort of 4231 with the right two players behind them.

I think for now, i blame Gerrard and the coaches, and the formation.

Most teams would give their right arm for one of Coutinho, Buendia and bailey, yet we seem to make them look like Champiosnhip players, i dont think thats a coincidence.

There are very few teams in this division that we could play a 4-2-3-1 with those three in the three and not suffer enormously when we're out of possession.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There are very few teams in this division that we could play a 4-2-3-1 with those three in the three and not suffer enormously when we're out of possession.

im not sure thats true, Couts and Bailey may not work too hard, but Buendia is a workhorse and imo is more effective than either Ramsey or McGinn defensively.

When i see our midfield get walked through, McGinn and Ramsey going missing, im not sure it could be any worse.....

Edited by MaVilla

im not sure thats true, Couts and Bailey may not work too hard, but Buendia is a workhorse and imo is more effective than either Ramsey or McGinn defensively.

When i see our midfield get walked through, McGinn and Ramsey going missing, im not sure it could be any worse.....

But it's precisely because of the 2 that that 3 doesn't work. We don't have a two that will do enough defensively to allow a 3 that would do so little defensively. I agree Buendia works hard but the other two don't.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

But it's precisely because of the 2 that that 3 doesn't work. We don't have a two that will do enough defensively to allow a 3 that would do so little defensively. I agree Buendia works hard but the other two don't.

we need to buy a proper midfielder to play alongside Kamara then, rather than persist with McGinn, or any others clearly not good enough.

I do see your point, but my lord, McGinn and Ramsey, wtf.

• Like 1

we need to buy a proper midfielder to play alongside Kamara then, rather than persist with McGinn, or any others clearly not good enough.

I do see your point, but my lord, McGinn and Ramsey, wtf.

Yes, I won't disagree we need a new midfielder. I thought we might be alright before today but clearly I was very wrong; at least one top number 8 required.

• Like 1

He'll be off to the middle east by seasons close I've no doubt.

He's not up to PL football anymore and I really don't know why.

A) We signed him. 

B  ) He's come back to this league to a poor team when he couldn't hack it in Spain or Gernany in good teams anymore.

A transfer that made zero sense. For anyone.

An 

• Like 2

Not the first time he's looked sad and weak out there. 

Clearly a cut above on his day, but oftentimes looks almost like he only plays football because he's supposed to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

This all over , Beundia is the most aggressive off the ball but I was surprised by Bailey who wasn't shy either.

Coutinho isn't working , he needs to be rested before we lose him mentally. His attempts to win the wall back ended in fouls and other players  give him the ball in some ridiculous areas and situations, death balls really. 

Our players have been spoilt with a certain player but Coutinho can't play that role he needs to operate in space. Not receive the ball with 3 players around him.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's still got quality, but we need to see it every game

He's not that type of player. Even when he was at liverpool and inter he wasnt consistent. There's a reason he flopped at Barca. He'll have his moments but you cant rely on him and he needs service from the rest of the team. He won't control a game on his own.

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

He's not that type of player. Even when he was at liverpool and inter he wasnt consistent. There's a reason he flopped at Barca. He'll have his moments but you cant rely on him and he needs service from the rest of the team. 

Then he should just be a impact sub, never a starter, an Gerrard should know this.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Then he should just be a impact sub, never a starter, an Gerrard should know this.

Gerrard doesn't want to know that. Not yet. I hope he proves me wrong and makes it work, because hey, who wouldn't want the best version of Coutinho playing for you? 

But I don't see it happening, and I think that when (if) he will eventually drop Coutinho it will already be curtains for him, and it will be one of the very last cards he'll play.

I really hope this post makes me look stupid in the future. I'd love that!!!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â