Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The extra year is more than likely for him talking a paycut. Happens a lot in US sports contracts that players get less but for a longer time to even it out

Not sure if it hold any water (and let's be honest none of us know) but one story doing the rounds 

Is that Barcelona owed PC some money - which villa paid - hence the fee paid to Barcelona is lower than expected - but villas outlay is probably higher than £17m

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The extra year is more than likely for him talking a paycut. Happens a lot in US sports contracts that players get less but for a longer time to even it out

Some baseball contracts are crazy. Paying players for years after they retire in some cases. Bruce Sutter was still receiving payments up until last year from the Atlanta braves from a contract he signed in 1984.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still cracks me up 

Yep - I think the press were expecting this one to run and run - and hoped to get lots of mileage out of it over the summer !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there any chance at all that Coutinho’s performances have dipped lately intentionally because we wanted to bring the price of the transfer down, or am I just clutching at straws?

It’s an unbelievable signing on paper, easily the biggest we’ve made in our history I think taking all things into account, at least in my living memory anyway. I just hope we get more of the first 7 games he played rather than the past 7.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is there any chance at all that Coutinho’s performances have dipped lately intentionally because we wanted to bring the price of the transfer down, or am I just clutching at straws

image.gif.26693b91cd71c6fe71698f28f5d0b3cc.gif

No chance imo

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Still cracks me up 

is it a coincidence that they are the ones in the social media comments/replies saying we've wasted the money

27 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Some baseball contracts are crazy. Paying players for years after they retire in some cases. Bruce Sutter was still receiving payments up until last year from the Atlanta braves from a contract he signed in 1984.

Bobby Bobilla gets paid $1.19 million from the New York Mets every 1st of July since 2011, and will only finish in 2035 when he is 72. He played for them for 3 seasons and retired in 2001.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

36 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Same in NHL though not that extreme. Has been some lads still getting traded who are pretty much retired through injury but it counts against the salary cap

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is there any chance at all that Coutinho’s performances have dipped lately intentionally because we wanted to bring the price of the transfer down, or am I just clutching at straws?

I would like to think with my incredibly biased  hqt on , that he loves it here so much it had been stressing his little heart out thinking we might not sign him , thus leading to quieter performances.  

Who would want to live in Barca when you can live in Bearwood eh 

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s an unbelievable signing on paper, easily the biggest we’ve made in our history I think taking all things into account, at least in my living memory anyway. I just hope we get more of the first 7 games he played rather than the past 7.

I doubt it.

No coach would intentionally put a player on the pitch telling him not to do his best.

Pleased as I am that he joined. We do have to recognize that he can be anonymous as well as brilliant 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thug said:

I’ve seen him several times when I go pick up my kids from school.  He certainly does seem down to earth and is very polite.

Stands out like a sore thumb in Birmingham then.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â