Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Percy said he took a 70% pay cut.

6m then, I would say that is his true value wage wise.....

I don't know the contract length but 17m, plus 18m over 3 years would be a good deal.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The fact that he REALLY wants to be here speaks volumes for me.

I'm sure there are a plethora of teams which would have been willing to sign him on the deal we have.

Also, Purslow is starting to become a bit of a Rockstar. lol

Purslow loves a camera trained on him, doesn't he?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, YLN said:

Carbone??? What on earth are you talking about? He was incredible. Himself and Merson won that fa cup 5th round game against Leeds by themselves. He was a super player for us, and it was so disappointing we couldn't make it permanent. 

Put some respect on his name. You haven't a clue

bffe335f-3c35-4eee-83a0-3efdf64c2961.jpg

I haven't a clue? Seem to be able to recall his time with us more clearly than you. One good cup game does not a super player make, many poor players can claim the same.

The stats speak for themselves, he was brought in to create and score goals, he played 24 games and scored 4, providing 1 assist.

But whatever. There are plenty of other examples to illustrate the point I was making.

This place is so **** angry these days 😂 have some tea and relax.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s apparently a 4 year deal. 

Well I wouldn't have done more than three but it wouldn't be hard to offload him now the stupid wage has gone so I have no arguments as long as it doesn't keep Buendia out of the team

• Like 1

So we have him at a cheap price and he's allegedly taken a 70% paycut.

Now if any of that is true its a bargain and anyone who thinks this is bad needs to give their head a wobble. 

Never in a million years did I think we could sign someone like this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mantis said:

A personality like that is infinitely preferable to someone like Grealish if I'm honest. I doubt Phil will be going out getting pissed and crashing cars.

From signing an ageing Glenn Whelan to prime Coutinho in 5 years - we've certainly come a long way.

Hell yeah

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Well I wouldn't have done more than three but it wouldn't be hard to offload him now the stupid wage has gone so I have no arguments as long as it doesn't keep Buendia out of the team

As many have intimated, wouldn't surprise me to see him move over to say " Vegas Villans " in the final year.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

56 minutes ago, Mantis said:

A personality like that is infinitely preferable to someone like Grealish if I'm honest. I doubt Phil will be going out getting pissed and crashing cars.

From signing an ageing Glenn Whelan to prime Coutinho in 5 years - we've certainly come a long way.

Although we could have used a prime Glen Whelan at times this season.... 😄

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

I remember Tim Vickery, the Brazilian based English journalist saying when he was asked about Coutinho as regards his personality etc, in January when we signed him on loan, he said he’s “ painfully shy “ He did look a bit uncomfortable at the award thing tonight, happy , but you can tell it’s not his scene. The drop in wages might be an indicator of what the guy values. I think it’s very important to him whether it’s football, socially - to be in an environment where he is happy. He loves it here i think and he may well be privy to what’s coming down the tracks as regards signings, that pushed his deal over the line. 

Yes, he's very much a family man and just wants to play football.  That's why he wouldn't have been swayed by the nightlife aspects of Lahndan or Mancland. And let's face it, even if he has taken a massive pay cut, he is still wealthier than he could ever have imagined.  My guess is that he won't be blowing all his wealth either.  

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

I remember Tim Vickery, the Brazilian based English journalist saying when he was asked about Coutinho as regards his personality etc, in January when we signed him on loan, he said he’s “ painfully shy “ He did look a bit uncomfortable at the award thing tonight, happy , but you can tell it’s not his scene. The drop in wages might be an indicator of what the guy values. I think it’s very important to him whether it’s football, socially - to be in an environment where he is happy. He loves it here i think and he may well be privy to what’s coming down the tracks as regards signings, that pushed his deal over the line. 

He's probably reached a point in his career where he has earnt so much that he values comfort more than trying to look for a next big payday. Its a very good trait to have.

On 02/05/2022 at 12:54, peterw said:

Not really an ITK but for what it's worth - I live and work in Delhi and my football academy played against another football acadmy on saturday. My children used to be at the other team's academy pre covid so I know their head of marketing and we got chatting after the match. He has just come back from ther UK because he is also dealing with CAZOO (sister companies - maybe something to do with Apollo tyres who are heavily involved with the academy he is dealing with here and who used to have links with Albion). He's always int he UK, and told me that he was part of the Cazoo shirt sponsorship talks. Cazoo aren't going with Everton next season and we are negotiating a deal with them, but we want £1.5m. cazoo aren't keen to go that high and he said that Villa were using as a marketing tool that we have gerrard and Coutinho and the returns sponsors will get back on that alone.

Obviously that doesn't mean that we will be signing Coutinho for next season and may be using his name just to get the best deal we want...Or, we have alreayd taken the decision to keep him and want the money from spnsors to be associated with a top class player.

*Ahem* 

Give me a second whilst I revel in a genuine first ITK that actually came to fruition. I will bask in my own glory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â