Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

jamie redknapp literally said 2 days ago it was "50-50" !

When it comes to business the press know absolutely nothing, unless we want them too. Gotta love Purslow dropping that annoucement too.

• Like 2

Happy he's signed, certainly gone off the boil last month but ultimately he'll still be a match winner on many occasions next season. Just need to figure out in pre seaso how to get him and Buendia working on the pitch at same time.

Only issue for me is 4 year deal. Do worry about his motivation if Gerrard isn't our manager anymore. Would have given him a 3 year deal but guess that was a trade off from the lower fee negotiated. 

1 minute ago, picicata said:

NEW NEW

Barney McGrew Coutinho Dibble

Grubb

i like your style in players brother.....

1 minute ago, picicata said:

NEW NEW

Barney McGrew Coutinho Dibble

Grubb

Bravo, sir. 

• Like 1

Don't worry about Newcastle. Liverpool have shown with Klopp that your owners may not be as rich as your rivals but if get your recty right and have a few quid to spend on top you'll compete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

An intense interview technique by the young woman with some incredibly deep questions:

”How excited are you to be officially, PERMANENTLY… ours?”

“How much are you enjoying life at Aston Villa… because you must like it…. Right?”

🤣

(Sorry, I just found it funny)

What was the event they are at ?

It was never in doubt, and we have got a good deal out of Barcelona. It was a dreadful signing for them, they have lost a huge amount of money on him and they never really knew how to play him. Not our problem and seems genuinely pleased to be settled in a side in which the manager, the board, and the fans are really happy for him to be here.

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

What was the event they are at ?

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems end of season awards?

Yes, end of season award ceremony.

Matty Cash Supporters’ Player of the Season. Jacob = Players’ Player of the Season.

• Like 2

Sometimes when you sign a loanee on a permanent basis your a bit “ meh “ . You don’t really get the new signing excitement vibes. I’m buzzing about this. I still think we’ll be busy this summer. Sanson and Traore ( possibly Bailey, just hasn’t worked out ) will go and Gerrard will get players he wants. A new centre half, new midfielder and striker are a must anyway. 

17m for Coutinho with a 70% wage cut has to be the best bit of business this club has ever done, by a country mile too.

Remember the people back in January who said he was just using us for a shop window to move on?

If he does the business for us over the next few years and god forbid, wins a trophy, he will be a stone cold Villa legend and boy have we needed one of them in recent years.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wow what a great bit of business. Great fee, great wage. 
What’s not to like.

Exciting times 

Where is the wage confirmed?

I must admit I’d become a bit sceptical about this signing at the previous £33m level with reported astronomical wages- mainly because I think buendia deserves a stint ahead of him. But you simply can’t argue with the fee/cost of this transfer now. Good work by the club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have a feeling we'll be working on perfecting the " dreaded " two number 10 system over the summer.

I think that we'll be working on it this weekend, if Watkins isn't fully fit as is reported.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â