Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, YLN said:

Carbone??? What on earth are you talking about? He was incredible. Himself and Merson won that fa cup 5th round game against Leeds by themselves. He was a super player for us, and it was so disappointing we couldn't make it permanent. 

Put some respect on his name. You haven't a clue

bffe335f-3c35-4eee-83a0-3efdf64c2961.jpg

Still my fav Villa hat trick that. What a game

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

£17m is just such unreal value. 

It’s astonishing!  You can very little for that these days football wise…yet we get his talent.

52 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Sorry but I really feel 'meh' about making this permanent. Would love to know what his wages are gonna be.

It will be heavily offset by a huge signing bonus. Would be surprised if its more than £150k a week. 

Plus, well... it's not your money?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

£17m for Coutinho and you feel meh? Wow, being a Villa fan for you generally must be suicidal daily.

Why are you not taking into his consideration his wages? Coutinho was a top, top player, no doubt, still good, but he's been a bit underwhelming lately. I just prefer Buendia and really hope this doesn't mean his playing time is going to remain limited.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am absolutely convinced that summed transfers will be designed to strengthen the midfield to an extent where thy both play.  I have no doubts about that. 

ye, basically 3 x no.6/no.8 hybrid types, like Kamara, Phillips, Kondogbia, Bissouma types, i think.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am absolutely convinced that summed transfers will be designed to strengthen the midfield to an extent where thy both play.  I have no doubts about that. 

Hope you're right. One 6, two 8s, then Coutinho, Buendia, a winger with pace, one striker?

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Why are you not taking into his consideration his wages? Coutinho was a top, top player, no doubt, still good, but he's been a bit underwhelming lately. I just prefer Buendia and really hope this doesn't mean his playing time is going to remain limited.

Because we don’t know his wages at the moment! If the rumours of £150k per week then still a great deal for us.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I'd be amazed if we sign three starting CMs.

i dont mean all 3, i just mean the midfield 3 will be much more solid, so maybe ramsey, a DM and another, like Kondogbia/Kamara, Ramsey, Bissouma, or something.

• Like 1

Getting Coutinho on a permanent deal is an absolute no-brainer for the club.  Not only is a he world-class, but the statement it sends is massive.  Potential new signings, the existing players, the fanbase, the media will all immediately see Villa at another level in terms of the type of players we can and will attract to the club.  No more of this "let's see what bargains we can get and hopefully develop" as the primary transfer policy.

Yes, Coutinho can be inconsistent, he can be quiet in games.  He was the same way at the Dippers.  But he produced/produces enough quality over the longer term that offsets his quieter games/moments.  He is a creative player, and sometimes teams will set up purely to stop the ball getting to him.  It is up to the staff to surround him with enough quality to ensure him being double-marked is not an effective tactic.  At the dippers he had players like Gerrard, Suarez who were also match winners, so stopping him only gave more space for others. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Getting Coutinho on a permanent deal is an absolute no-brainer for the club.  Not only is a he world-class, but the statement it sends is massive.  Potential new signings, the existing players, the fanbase, the media will all immediately see Villa at another level in terms of the type of players we can and will attract to the club.  No more of this "let's see what bargains we can get and hopefully develop" as the primary transfer policy.

Yes, Coutinho can be inconsistent, he can be quiet in games.  He was the same way at the Dippers.  But he produced/produces enough quality over the longer term that offsets his quieter games/moments.  He is a creative player, and sometimes teams will set up purely to stop the ball getting to him.  It is up to the staff to surround him with enough quality to ensure him being double-marked is not an effective tactic.  At the dippers he had players like Gerrard, Suarez who were also match winners, so stopping him only gave more space for others. 

Signing him is a no brainer at that price.  Could you imagine the uproar if we didn't sign him and he signed for Newcastle and ripped it up next season?

• Like 4

If I was Chuk (I can’t spell I know) I’d look at this and think about the next 3/4 seasons. Coutinho probably has 2/3 good seasons left in him - I’d love to be his understudy learning from him and then take his spot in around 30 months, Chuk will still only be 20 ish. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â