Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Can’t believe we can sign him for less than £40m in the summer

Seen a lot of rubbish on Twitter this morning about this, had a good chuckle at some of the below:

1) Villa don't want to pay the €40m that they negotiated themselves
2) Barca now want €60m due to how good he is playing
3) Spurs also have a €40m option to buy

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Seen a lot of rubbish on Twitter this morning about this, had a good chuckle at some of the below:

1) Villa don't want to pay the €40m that they negotiated themselves
2) Barca now want €60m due to how good he is playing
3) Spurs also have a €40m option to buy

I know the above are examples of bed wetting but would this one be allowed as we already have the option in place?

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I know the above are examples of bed wetting but would this one be allowed as we already have the option in place?

The price won't change if that's what has been agreed upon by both clubs, otherwise it would be pointless having an option to buy clause inserted into the contract.

Just starting to realise what we have now at the Villa. The moments he had on Wednesday were just incredible. A reverse megs on Ayling , taking 4 players out of the game with a slight shimmy , 1 touch and 1 pass.  A game understanding so much bigger than anyone we have ever had play for us before. A shot set up perfectly with one touch. The awareness to slow down and  wait for JJ to bomb on and then place a perfect pass into his stride. 

Based on Wednesday he is the greatest player by a mile we have ever had represent us. He truly is world class. Looks like the English game just suits him down to the ground and playing for someone who loves him is the icing on the cake 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’s cost £142m. He still has every attribute that made him that price and has proved that for club and country in the last month. The hunger and passion is clearly there; and that was the only real concern.

We’ve played an absolute blinder here

Yeah he's got up to speed far quicker than I was expecting. It is all looking very positive so far. Which makes me uneasy as a Villa fan. Things just dont work out this way for us. 

Fully expecting a career ending injury after Kieran Trippier tries to pollax him or something. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Aren’t the two languages very similar ? Enough to be able to understand each other?

I don't know!

I saw them talking quite quickly to each other on the pitch the other night and I couldn't figure out what language it was they were speaking (obviously). And it's bugged me ever since.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Aren’t the two languages very similar ? Enough to be able to understand each other?

If not, just shout loud and slow at the other, works for me in Spain to a limited degree 

• Like 3

Â