Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

11 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People have watched his Instagram 4 million times since last night. I cannot stress from a a marketing perspective alone how huge this is for the club  

over 1m likes to his 'up the villa' post. still haven't quite gotten over how massive this signing is

40 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

By some minor miracle we've just signed the third most expensive footballer of all time and you guys are arguing about contract situations and how it's not a big signing before he's even kicked a ball? Jesus christ. Enjoy it. 

I think it's fair to say we're all pretty hyped about it. I think some of us are trying to temper expectations a bit though because expecting him to be as good as he was at Liverpool is putting way to much pressure on him.

The fact we've managed to convince a potentially world class player to take a pay cut to join us, and we managed to negotiate a "try before you buy" opportunity is unbelievable, and means there's no downside to this deal at all. He doesn't have to be anywhere near his best to live up to that.

47 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know we’ve all watched these to death, but this compilation of ten goals is phenomenal. Even scoring one of these is incredible never mind repeatedly scoring goals like this.

He is some magical combination of Solano , Hendrie Merse and Joe . Thats who he reminds me of . All of these 

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

People have watched his Instagram 4 million times since last night. I cannot stress from a a marketing perspective alone how huge this is for the club  

The lad said the official Villa Instatwitt account picked up an extra 300,000 followers last night or summat.

i keep thinking "oh I hope he isnt too nervous and the pressure isnt too much for the wee guy"

then I remember that he has played for Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern and Brazil and won a gazillion trophies. 

also, if anything, moving to Villa is a way of relieving that pressure just a little in order to enjoy his football again

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I tried to watch his interview but was blinded by his teeth

About 7 minutes of "I'm very happy to be here" and "I know Stevie". All caught up. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Got an email from villa to buy coutinho shirts. Went to get one for my son. All sold out. This is big. 

I’m in my 30s and I want one 😂

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I’m in my 30s and I’ve ordered one! I got the away as already have the home without a name. 

Brilliant 😁

12 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Got an email from villa to buy coutinho shirts. Went to get one for my son. All sold out. This is big. 

I think there are some online on the official store if needs be?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

Some of the posts in here, dear me. 

Its been confirmed by both Barcelona and his agent that he took a pay cut. His agent and Coutinho himself have said than in spite of other interest that after speaking with SG and having the clubs ambitions explained to him that Villa was the only place he wanted to be. 

It couldn’t be any bloody clearer, the club have an option to buy and Coutinho wants to be here. Providing he shows himself to be worth the agreed fee, which I’m sure he will, it will be made permanent in the summer. 

Im not sure why people look for the negatives in everything even when the weight of evidence shows there is none. 

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Some of the posts in here, dear me. 

Its been confirmed by both Barcelona and his agent that he took a pay cut. His agent and Coutinho himself have said than in spite of other interest that after speaking with SG and having the clubs ambitions explained to him that Villa was the only place he wanted to be. 

It couldn’t be any bloody clearer, the club have an option to buy and Coutinho wants to be here. Providing he shows himself to be worth the agreed fee, which I’m sure he will, it will be made permanent in the summer. 

Im not sure why people look for the negatives in everything even when the weight of evidence shows there is none. 

Because we're villa fans and every time anything good looks like it's happening it turns out to be s**t

Edited by Adman
Typi
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â