Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

If ever there was a remedy for last night's defeat. 

A win on Saturday won’t do any harm either! 🤣 Revenge!

And a standout performance (maybe a goal or two and an assist 😉) from our new signing!

• Like 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Here's hoping. 

We can do it, they’re shite (and corrupt) and there for the taking. Attack them and be aggressive. We need intensity.

Expecting a raucous home atmosphere too… should be quite the occasion.

Come on Philippe, show us what you can do…

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just wondering why Liverpool didn’t try and re-sign Coutinho? Especially with Mane & Salah off to AFCON?

Don’t really care, just crossed my mind…

Pretty sure there were rumors that they were interested and even one of the “finalists” for him.

I've gone from wanting this to happen because it'll be fun while also feeling resigned that it won't work out one way or the other, to it being formally announced and allowing myself to become convinced that we're box office and this is a nailed on success story.

If nothing else, we spurn quite a few decent shooting opportunities around the edge of the box (as much as I like all of them, McGinn, Buendia and Ramsey tend to get into great positions and generally come close without quite managing it) where his added quality could make all the difference now. Really is fine margins in this area of the table where it feels like anyone's game every week, so much to be said for having someone of this ability that can potentially separate you from that pack.

• Like 1

Â