Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, TRO said:

but there are 2 ends of the pitch......consider them both, if we want a good side.

I completely agree but I’m looking at it objectively as a single signing. I’ve no doubt that your concerns will be addressed as well. Massive all-round statement of intent

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Lots of swearing creeping in here pal, not like you, what's the matter pal? Got to that stage where you're not getting any?

past that Phil...

Had a little tipple tonight, first time over Xmas.

sorry, I will go now.....apologies to all.

• Haha 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

And what I am saying is that Villa should be putting an option in the contract so that AVFC can trigger a permanent contract which would stop Coutinho signing for another club as a free agent if we want to sign him permanently for Villa

Why would Coutinho agree to that?

He’ll either agree to sign for us now if he thinks we’re his long term best bet or become a free agent in 18 months and look at what offers he receives.

He’d be foolish to let us bind his future to us at our discretion. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

We are both children of the 60s Dave 😉

Me too and therefore for various reasons, a couple of very obvious ones, I did a lot of my growing up in the 80s and I steadfastly refuse to leave that wonderful decade. The 60s had its moments too. 😎

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

When is the last time he played a match? Just wondering how long it will take him to get up to speed?

Last league game Dec 12th, was on bench on Dec 18th & 21st

Last Champs League game was Dec 8th

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Why would Coutinho agree to that?

He’ll either agree to sign for us now if he thinks we’re his long term best bet or become a free agent in 18 months and look at what offers he receives.

He’d be foolish to let us bind his future to us at our discretion. 

Why does any player agree to a contract extension option in favour of a club. It happens all the time

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

When is the last time he played a match? Just wondering how long it will take him to get up to speed?

he has played a bit tbf, not a lot but also not as if he hasnt played for 6+ months due to injury.

Last played in December.

image.thumb.png.1ec94bb10161103b05a4c95f40f9c310.png

3 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

So was the greatest player to ever play for us…

but managed correctly by someone who intends to get the best out of them and knows what they are capable of?

Do we dare to dream?

When fit, Coutinho is a class player, no doubt, Gerrard will get the best out of him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Last league game Dec 12th, was on bench on Dec 18th & 21st

Last Champs League game was Dec 8th

He has 608 minutes of football in total for the calendar year of 2021 and had knee surgery during that time. Think we should allow him some time before we start expecting him to deliver top performances on a regular basis.

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Why does any player agree to a contract extension option in favour of a club. It happens all the time

Not when it means taking a massive pay cut they don’t 😆

He’ll keep his options open. Hopefully if he’s a success he will feel like he can continue that with us but he’d be foolish to agree a contract with us now, even if it’s just to strengthen his negotiating position with us in 18 months. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â