Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

How tall is he.....can he play CDM?

for **** sake Villa get one.

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

Good....I'm coming alive.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

**** me I'm that desperate....I'd have Robbie Savage,as old as he is.

Lots of swearing creeping in here pal, not like you, what's the matter pal? Got to that stage where you're not getting any?

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

I wonder what people would have said 5 months ago if we were told we would trade Grealish for 85 mil + Coutinho?

And it is a fair comparison because the wages we were offering JG are somewhat comparable to Coutinho's

How about if you were told 5 months ago Matt Targett be overlapping Coutinho down the left? 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Not a buy option, an option to get Coutinho to sign a permanent contract with Villa when his Barca contract expires. 

Yes he will have the option to sign a permanent contract with us when his Barcelona contract expires at the end of his loan as he will be a free agent.

He also has the option to sign with any other club who offers him a contract. 

1 minute ago, Welsh_Villan said:

How about if you were told 5 months ago Matt Targett be overlapping Coutinho down the left? 

The transfer window isn't over for another 25 days, that could change to Hickey overlapping Coutinho down the left in the coming weeks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It’s kinda funny that we’ve got from having no South American players in forever to what is now 5 if you include Wesley. Intentional or just coincidence?

It would be nice to have players like Cameiro or Tiaga Silva though wouldn't it?

If we ever thought it was important, of course.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just been speaking to my father, in our combined 120 odd years of watching this great club there has never been a bigger statement of intent from our custodians if they land this lad. 

5 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think that's a bit of an stretch

120 years of supporting the Villa? Yes, that’s a serious stretch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Yes he will have the option to sign a permanent contract with us when his Barcelona contract expires at the end of his loan as he will be a free agent.

He also has the option to sign with any other club who offers him a contract. 

And what I am saying is that Villa should be putting an option in the contract so that AVFC can trigger a permanent contract which would stop Coutinho signing for another club as a free agent if we want to sign him permanently for Villa

3 minutes ago, bose said:

Played 23 games for Bayern and scored 8 in 2020

Won the Champions League with them at the same tine, in fact they won the treble. 

HUGE signing.

I agree with this, he’s a proven top player in his prime, the only downside is that he is injury prone

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I reckon the clincher will be when we showed him the plans for the new North Stand

Why, is he a big roller coaster fan? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Name a comparable signing, we can’t think of one 70 odd caps  for Brazil, Champions League winner, multiple league winner et cetera

but there are 2 ends of the pitch......consider them both, if we want a good side.

I just don't see a world where Coutinho comes here and it turns out like a Barkley or Drinkwater. Mainly due to the already established connection between Gerrard and Coutinho. 

There is however every chance that the loan deal simply doesn't work out, that's football and there's a risk factor with any transfer. But I don't see a situation where it doesn't work due to lack of trying and effort from both parties. 

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with this, he’s a proven top player in his prime, the only downside is that he is injury prone

So was the greatest player to ever play for us…

but managed correctly by someone who intends to get the best out of them and knows what they are capable of?

Do we dare to dream?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â