Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He clearly does, he's been most informed Villa reporter I can find. Been right about lots of things in last year

You agree he's a twerp then.

He calls nothing before anyone else. Sometimes puts something out on behalf of Tommy Jordan.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Downside is he is always injured ! 

That too, when fit he is class though, he carries Leeds and they know it. It’s like when Grealish was with us, Leeds know that Phillips is too good for them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not opposed to any creative player coming in to our football club, and the excitement is understandable.....and welcome.

but if we can't stop goals at the other end, it is pointless.

We have scored in nearly every game we have played, so the thing that is stopping us picking up maximum points .....is conceding.

Our priority should be signings players, who can help us with , keeping clean sheets.

I hear ya TRO, and the Pollyanna in me sees it as a jigsaw: if we get someone of PC’s calibre then maybe that enables us, along with Gerrard’s pull also, to land an even better CDM than we might have. I seriously doubt a former world class midfielder can’t see what we all can. Everything crossed anyway. Who knows, maybe KP isn’t so far fetched anymore.

OK, Rubik’s Cube is more accurate!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£20m is over 10% of Villa’s total annual revenue on 1 player.

But 20m is over 18 months. So it would be about 13m on a year's revenue. Finish 2 places higher in the league as a result of Coutinho and that is an extra 7m in revenue. So that would make it a little less than 3% of annual revenue that the cost to us is

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo (18 rather than 28)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Kelvin Phillips favourite player of all time is Steven Gerrard . Thats a fact.  As to whether he would want to come here and play under him and leave Leeds. A completely different story

Guess who one of my favourite players ( out side of Villa) is?

yes ......our manager.

but Andy Gray was one of the most passionate players, I have ever seen , play for us, so Andy, you get my vote.

5 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just been speaking to my father, in our combined 120 odd years of watching this great club there has never been a bigger statement of intent from our custodians if they land this lad. 

So you and your Dad are the same age?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’ll sell a lot of shirts

We get very little out of shirt sales, the manufacturer gets about 90% of the cash. But Purslow is smart and we only sign very short term shirt sponsor deals. Next year when our new shirt sponsor contract is to be signed we will have much better negotiating power and will receive a much bigger yearly fee. All really good for our accounts and profitability

Edited by Peter Griffin
Fixed a typo

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Guess who one of my favourite players ( out side of Villa) is?

yes ......our manager.

but Andy Gray was one of the most passionate players, I have ever seen , play for us, so Andy, you get my vote.

Andy's 16 year old son was on the bench for Leeds against Arsenal last week in a PL game

6 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just been speaking to my father, in our combined 120 odd years of watching this great club there has never been a bigger statement of intent from our custodians if they land this lad. 

I think that's a bit of an stretch

4 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

I hear ya TRO, and the Pollyanna in me sees it as a jigsaw: if we get someone of PC’s calibre then maybe that enables us, along with Gerrard’s pull also, to land an even better CDM than we might have. I seriously doubt a former world class midfielder can’t see what we all can. Everything crossed anyway. Who knows, maybe KP isn’t so far fetched anymore.

OK, Rubik’s Cube is more accurate!

I believe, he can see it too.....its just time and patience.

• Like 1

Alot of Brazilian players shine bright but are done by 30. But they tend to be party animals and they tend to have played alot of football from a very young age. Couthinho has done or is neither of these things. Give him a chance and not get on his back and let Gerrard work his magic.get his confidence back. Get him playing in a settled side in a settled position  he won the champiobs league with Bayern at the same time as we scored against west ham on the last day of the season to stay up. He hasnt been in the wildnerness for that long has he !!!  . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think that's a bit of an stretch

Name a comparable signing, we can’t think of one 70 odd caps  for Brazil, Champions League winner, multiple league winner et cetera

Edited by Follyfoot

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â