Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

I have no idea if this comes off however Barcelona have a way of playing that if you don’t fit in you look very average. He isn’t “past it” at 29. Fabregas was brilliant in the PL but went to Barca and looked average. I have no qualms if he comes in as I think Gerrard will get the best out of him if he does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Hmm. How old is he now?

29. So 12 months younger than a certain Mr Merson when we signed him. And 2yrs younger than the 31yr old right back that people are claiming will help keep Newcastle in the PL. 

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A little embarrassed by some of posts in here bemoaning this link - hope that any neutral reading this forum doesn't label us all as mental. 

If you put this same link on any (reasonably expectationed) forum you would get exactly the same responses. 

Except this one because I'm special!

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Hmm. How old is he now?

29, which is pensioner status according to a few on here.

• Haha 1

Just now, Nigel said:

If you put this same link on any (reasonably expectationed) forum you would get exactly the same responses. 

Except this one because I'm special!

Every team from 8th downward would be absolutely mental to turn their nose up at this opportunity and in terms of the top 6, I don't think Spurs, West Ham or Arsenal fans would complain either. Of course you have your share of mentals in every fanbase, but still. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

29. So 12 months younger than a certain Mr Merson when we signed him. And 2yrs younger than the 31yr old right back that people are claiming will help keep Newcastle in the PL. 

and Merse had drunk every club pub bar wine bar and brothel in Middlesborough out of liquor.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know, we are becoming very South American in our team…next up Tagliafico I’m guessing seeing as we have been linked with him….then it’ll be…

A661AE9F-DAE2-43D5-8D45-0C6C73102ADB.jpeg

he had his chance in the summer, not welcome now :P  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I have no idea if this comes off however Barcelona have a way of playing that if you don’t fit in you look very average. He isn’t “past it” at 29. Fabregas was brilliant in the PL but went to Barca and looked average. I have no qualms if he comes in as I think Gerrard will get the best out of him if he does. 

completely different Barcelona midfield though, Fabregas{not the current one} would have looked brilliant in this Barca team

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Every team from 8th downward would be absolutely mental to turn their nose up at this opportunity and in terms of the top 6, I don't think Spurs, West Ham or Arsenal fans would complain either. Of course you have your share of mentals in every fanbase, but still. 

2 Spurs fans I know would absolutely love Coutinho at their club, and are jealous that Villa are going for him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Thank God you're not the one making the decisions then. 

Almost certainly be on huge money which has the possibility to upset the dressing room. Has he been any God in the last couple of years playing for Barca, generally don't know the answer to this  Where are we actually thinking if playing him?

Surely a better DM is more important to fill.

This is the sort of signing I would be expecting Newcastle to make, big wages, huge fanfare and very little end product.

• Like 1

Paul McGrath was 29 I believe when he signed for us. Although I doubt there would have been many fanfares in here. Man U reject, with no knees and a drink problem. Nah not for the great recruitment team on VT. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â