VillaTalk Deadpool 2022

Xela

20 hours ago, imavillan said:

Anna Karen Olive from On the Buses

85, died in a house fire 😮

On the Buses,. A classic. I still watch it occasionally on ITV 4

It's dated but it still makes me chuckle

spacer.png

She worked part time for our company for a while back in the 90's before she got the EastEnders gig ...  guess TV work didn't pay that well until more modern times 

On 23/02/2022 at 18:22, BOF said:

Procol Harum's Gary Brooker at 76 😩

I was VERY fortunate to play with the guitarist who replaced Robin Trower. He said the atmosphere in the band was often 'tense' because of a dispute between Brooker and Mathew Fisher over 'song writing' royalties. It seems the difference between what the musicians get and what the song writers get is considerable.

1 hour ago, veloman said:

I was VERY fortunate to play with the guitarist who replaced Robin Trower. He said the atmosphere in the band was often 'tense' because of a dispute between Brooker and Mathew Fisher over 'song writing' royalties. It seems the difference between what the musicians get and what the song writers get is considerable.

It wasn't quite that

It was that Fisher thought he should have had some of the music royalties for WSoP because Brooker was getting all of them. It was settled in court eventually (about 10 years ago iirc) with Fisher getting a 40% split of WSoP's music royalties

3 hours ago, bickster said:

It wasn't quite that

It was that Fisher thought he should have had some of the music royalties for WSoP because Brooker was getting all of them. It was settled in court eventually (about 10 years ago iirc) with Fisher getting a 40% split of WSoP's music royalties

seems quite complicated .... Fisher won the original case , but lost his request for back royalty payments ,  Brooker then won on appeal  but Fisher eventually won on final appeal in the House of Lords 

Fisher is just lucky Johan Sebastian Bach's family didn't come after him for plagiarism :) 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

Another one that might draw some blank looks, but former West Indian spin bowler, Sonny Ramadhin died at the age of 92. 

Fans of music from the Caribbean may know him from being name checked in this:

• Sad 1