Pre match thread

zab6359

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It's your personal choice.

We're getting locked down after Christmas. Me and the Mrs are going. We both work from home. We have no kids and we won't be visiting friends or family until New year

You can adopt me if you want to dad

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Double Jabbed offers very little protection - I can't believe that's the benchmark tbh.

Stay safe and enjoy the game!

if they weren't in the last few months. And unfortunately for some of us it's now been six months or longer (seven in my case) since the second one.

I think it could be:

Emi

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

McGinn Luiz Ramsey

Buendia Ings Watkins 

Carney, Young and youth players on the bench - might see JBP and Archer get minutes. If Bogarde is in the squad that will be one of the cbs out - hopefully not Konsa or Mings (although if Hause is fit he might be a good shout against Burnley to be honest). It could be anything with covid to be honest. 

Edited by Villa87

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This why I’m thinking of going.  My brother is the same as your pal in that he works as a manager on building sites and goes from job to job daily so is exposed (he’s double jabbed and booster). My nephews both got Covid a month ago from their school and still mixing with kids daily.  They aren’t football fans so aren’t going today but they will be in the family Xmas festivities so me going to the Villa today I’m not feeling so bad about…but I obvious do feel bad.

Just gotta be careful mate, masks and ya gel, should be fine. I wore a snood and put it around my mouth and nose last time I went, no problems. Pubs are the worst, where no one has masks.

• Thanks 1

my worry with this game is Burnley seem to be our footballing equivalent of kryptonite, then add to that the terrible terrible turn around last year (the 3-2 loss), then add that Burnley havent scored in 3 games, werent high scorers last season and put 3 past us regardless, kick us to death, effectively ended the career of one of our "big" signings from 19/20, i just hate them & hope Gerrard can put this boogie man to bed with a sledge hammer.

• Like 2

Hopefully the fans give Mee pelters all game like Kasper got (and yes I’ve put Kasper because I can’t spell the surname 😄

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I've decided not to go today. Lockdowns all over Europe and probably on here coming in the next few days.

Only politics that this hasn't been called off already imo.

I think its more to do with it being a divisive subject....Its become a political football, because some want it to be......No government has the exclusive answer.

The authorities can't win, they are buggered if they do and buggered if they don't.

It would make the whole thing more palatable, if folk realised, there is NO silver bullet....and subsequently refrained from selective criticism.....everyone is doing their best.

No one, knows the answer to this logistically, Lockdown suits some, and not others....one decision doesn't suit all.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

my worry with this game is Burnley seem to be our footballing equivalent of kryptonite, then add to that the terrible terrible turn around last year (the 3-2 loss), then add that Burnley havent scored in 3 games, werent high scorers last season and put 3 past us regardless, kick us to death, effectively ended the career of one of our "big" signings from 19/20, i just hate them & hope Gerrard can put this boogie man to bed with a sledge hammer.

The worst thing about Burnley is how we seem to outplay them and still don't get a result

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Why is Gregg Evans tweeting this and not the **** club. And if turns out its bullshit why is Gregg Evans tweeting this at all.

See above