V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I asked how do we compete with the other clubs above us without doing what they do and no one who is opposed to this has given us a plan of what we should do?

If it doesn't "benefit " the big clubs then why do they do it? For extra revenue opportunities, players, work permits

Who are the clubs providing opportunities for work permits and players for Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle…? Where are they gaining these huge advantages which we don’t have?

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Who are the clubs providing opportunities for work permits and players for Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle…? Where are they gaining these huge advantages which we don’t have?

So we can loan players out who wont qualify for a permits to someone like vitoria.  Not only does that help but we can get these players experience playing football at same time.

I take it your missing all the young talent these clubs will have first options on with these partnerships?

Ive answered your question now answer mine tell me what strategy would you do different to make us competitive to stay ahead of the likes of chelsea and man utd?

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So we can loan players out who wont qualify for a permits to someone like vitoria.  Not only does that help but we can get these players experience playing football at same time.

I take it your missing all the young talent these clubs will have first options on with these partnerships?

Ive answered your question now answer mine tell me what strategy would you do different to make us competitive to stay ahead of the likes of chelsea and man utd?

You haven’t answered my question at all! I have no idea how they have an advantage over us. Can you name one single transfer that has been a multi-club partnership special and meant we’ve finished below those sides?

On staying competitive, it’s entirely about money. I’d be looking at transfers for the club, personally (which it seems we are doing). Investing in a strong academy to develop players for sale and/or the first team (again, which it seems we are doing).

There’s plenty I really don’t like about football and wouldn’t want Aston Villa to do, even if it meant more money/improvement. 

34 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Name the benefit we’re currently getting from a multi-club ownership that has meant we finished 4th? I’m all ears.

(Edit: For the pedants, multi-club “partnership”)

Name the disadvantages - I’m all ears 

Edited by thabucks

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

There are no disadvantages for the main club - it’s all pros.

For the other clubs involved, it may be absolutely fine. The other side of this is having your club run as a feeder academy and losing your best players and your clubs’ identity.

It’s a shit part of football. Having businessmen owners of a club is bad enough, let alone them having multiple clubs all under one roof. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who are these amazing talents these teams have signed though?

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Killing football and the autonomy of these clubs who existed for over 100 years or so. Is more to football than Aston Villa

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There are no disadvantages for the main club - it’s all pros.

For the other clubs involved, it may be absolutely fine. The other side of this is having your club run as a feeder academy and losing your best players and your clubs’ identity.

It’s a shit part of football. Having businessmen owners of a club is bad enough, let alone them having multiple clubs all under one roof. 

But name one disadvantage Vitoria have experienced since they’ve partnered with us ? Or Zed FC or Vissel kobe ?  How have they lost any of their identity 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

But name one disadvantage Vitoria have experienced since they’ve partnered with us ? Or Zed FC or Vissel kobe ?  How have they lost any of their identity 

It’s been one year so they haven’t yet. Barely anything has happened - it all takes time to come to fruition.

Though, for Zed, they’ve lost (presumably) their most promising player. 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It’s been one year so they haven’t yet. Barely anything has happened - it all takes time to come to fruition.

Though, for Zed, they’ve lost (presumably) their most promising player. 

So you’re basing your concerns on what may be in years to come based on ? If we didn’t sign Kedhr someone else would’ve … so what disadvantage have they had by partnering with us - they would’ve lost him anyhow. They can leverage the connection when enticing players to join their youth system - where are the disadvantages in that? 

Again our tie ups have been in partnership and alliance that benefit both parties. 

Edited by thabucks

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Killing football and the autonomy of these clubs who existed for over 100 years or so. Is more to football than Aston Villa

How have we killed the autonomy of Vitoria by owning 29% ? Also how have and effected The autonomy of ZED FC or Vissel Kobe by forming a technical alliance in a collaboration …  WE haven’t  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So you’re basing your concerns on what may be in years to come based on ? If we didn’t sign Kedhr someone else would’ve … so what disadvantage have they had by partnering with us - they would’ve lost him anyhow. They can leverage the connection when enticing players to join their youth system - where are the disadvantages in that? 

Again our tie ups have been in partnership and alliance that benefit both parties. 

I have no real concerns other than it’s a shit part of football and I’d rather Aston Villa weren’t involved. That’s it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I have no real concerns other than it’s a shit part of football and I’d rather Aston Villa weren’t involved. That’s it. 

Fair enough … I think we the way we have gone about to date has been exemplary and cannot see that changing with our owners 

Edited by thabucks

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

What benefits have multi club ownership brought to anybody. Troyes, Molenbeek and Lorient are teams connected to Premier League multi club owners who were relegated last season

Ita a scum model and killing the game along with other things. Real Union away kit looking like Villa colours is awful but people mocked Newcastle and Wolves having Saudi/Portuguese jerseys

That’s really angry for 8am? Did you get out the wrong side of the bed? 😆

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I love NSWE. They got us our villa back (even if I think we have been losing it again over the past 12 months off the field). I am not especially fussed about the V sports stuff, yes, look, it is what it is and more power to them

More broadly, surely some critical thinking is allowed about decisions being taken? For four or five years Lerner and Krulak were feted, and not really questioned. They said they were here for the long haul. However, when it all imploded they were nowhere to be seen and it was the fans left to pick up the pieces With us in the Championship. That's why I think the off field stuff is important and it should not just be a blank cheque. At the very least, these matters should be explained more honestly. 

Valid points, but the level of investment (£500m), all stock, no loans, demands a long term plan for a return. They can’t turn off the tap, they are in 10x what Lerner  endured. Its a whole different proposition. If the club goes bust they leave with nothing.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Who are these amazing talents these teams have signed though?

You havent answered any of my questions. You havent provided a alternative plan?

They obviously have these partnerships for more reasons than just players.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You havent answered any of my questions. You havent provided a alternative plan?

They obviously have these partnerships for more reasons than just players.

I already said these partnerships havent helped anybody in the league except Brighton. We finished over Chelsea and Spurs two seasons in a row

Why do we need a Portuguese team?

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I already said these partnerships havent helped anybody in the league except Brighton. We finished over Chelsea and Spurs two seasons in a row

Why do we need a Portuguese team?

Yes you have argued why its not good which is fine - But my question was if you can demonstrate to me there is a alternative way to having us compete with chelsea utd spurs on and off the pitch? Our owners clearly feel this is the way to move forward so ill support them on this.

When it comes to making extra revenue a portion of our fans have issue - from the gambling sponsors, to the upper grounds and premium seats to multi-club ownership.  Our fans want us to be competitive but these are the only ways we can compete and be smart in transfer market within the current rules.

Â