V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Completely untrue. We had same options we chose to reduce stake so didn't impact Vitoria. 

Pretty sure we were forced to as we also got a transfer ban from UEFA

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Forcing them to sell wouldn't be though

And the disgust is that it's so blatant in that us and Brighton got forced to do something or risk being punished but the cartel clubs can do whatever they please 

This is one rule for them one rule for us

Rubbish. 

We reduced our stake in Vitoria to 29% and were allowed to compete with both teams  

Radcliffe only owns 27% of Man U to start with. Maybe UEFA should make him increase his stake in Man U to 29% to be consistent with us 😂

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Radcliffe paid over £1bn for 25% and control of football operations. There’s a huge difference. 

If they are able to put in place the same separations between clubs that all the other multi club owners have done then that’s great for the competition. Apparently they have been working with UEFA for a while to work out the details.

We don’t want to make a mockery of the competition by forcing the FA Cup winners out of the Europa League and into the Europa Conference League when every other multi club owner have been able to make it work (including us). 

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t know why you get so worked up about this. We want clubs to be competing in the competitions they qualified for and UEFA should make every effort to keep clubs in the competition they actually qualified for. 

Demoting a team to a different competition because of a shareholder/owner technicality would be a travesty for the actual fans of the club. 

Im more pissed off that we got punished but for the Manchester clubs they can do as they please. I hope our owners are writing a letter demanding a explanation 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im more pissed off that we got punished but for the Manchester clubs they can do as they please. I hope our owners are writing a letter demanding a explanation 

Exactly this. One rule for one set of teams, one for others.

Posted (edited)

The start of moulding "V-Sports" clubs into wearing similar colours?

But definitely not like City Group.  Definitely not at all.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/06/07/aston-villas-billionaire-owner-moves-to-abu-dhabi-fuelling/

As Manchester City scour for allies in their war on the Premier League, a new tenant setting up shop in Abu Dhabi can expect some knocks on the door. Nassef Sawiris, Egypt’s wealthiest person, is moving his family office over, having announced a new “long-term commitment” to the UAE capital in December.

An increasingly close alliance with the emirati could prove particularly useful for the City Football Group, given his controlling stake in Aston Villa.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Grealish on loan, with full wages covered by the Sheikh 👀

It's funny but also a bit sad. 

I'm sure shady deals have always had their place in football, but it does make you wonder if Nas has been offered some favorable terms or to have some wheels greased for one of their players (Alvarez?) in exchange for moving his offices there.

It's quite possible he's just following suit ofa lot of businessmen that have done the same recently, but I do wonder. And then part of me at the same time thinks if he was doing that,  he should take advantage of this to gain some kind of benefit to him... don't cut your nose off to spite your face kind of thing. 

If we help ourselves, in return helping them, but secretly hoping they're kicked out.... is it all bad? Ergh, it's all game's gone kind of feelings anyway. 

It's wrong, just plain wrong and as I would hope it happens to City, so to I would hope it all comes crashing down for us. This is all horseshit.

Dunno which authority is best placed to regulate this bollocks, but they need to pull their finger out and shut all of this nonsense down. We're just a plaything for billionaires.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

It's wrong, just plain wrong and as I would hope it happens to City, so to I would hope it all comes crashing down for us. This is all horseshit.

Dunno which authority is best placed to regulate this bollocks, but they need to pull their finger out and shut all of this nonsense down. We're just a plaything for billionaires.

Knight, your white Horse awaits.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

**** me - what a shit show this could be.

If by " shit show " you mean incredibly successful then count me in.

If it's moral posturing then I'll avoid it... Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Rodney you plonker

• Haha 3

Unless we're falsifying our sponsorship income, what exactly are you suggesting has been done wrong?

Maybe you and the lads should form a breakaway " West Midlands Millage " Team and start from Sunday League again so we can get back to good, honest and wholesome football.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If by " shit show " you mean incredibly successful then count me in.

If it's moral posturing then I'll avoid it... Lol

You can call it moral posturing if you like.

I, personally, think that states should play no part in the running of a football club.  I think Man City are a stain on the game.  I don't want the club I support to be jumping into bed with them.

If literally nothing matters to you other than perceived success, then so be it.

• Like 2

Â