V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

We need to stop this victim mentality that seems to be in so many threads.

It’s an issue because both teams are going to play in the same competition. It could have happened to any club with the same predicament.

yeah I don't see what's strange about that. It's a pretty blatant conflict of interest.

• Like 1

I believe when the RB Salzburg/Leipzig issue came up a few years back, they had to make certain changes to their boards or something and that UEFA would crack down on any similar cases moving forward. At least we’ve been informed and have made the necessary changes to avoid being made an example of and missing out altogether. 

• Like 1

This was brought up at the time when V Sport originally took the 46%. The Vitoria president said that all UEFA regulations were carefully checked at the time and that Sawiris/Edens would be open to make whatever changes were needed if UEFA came back to them and that is what is happening now.

Interesting to see what will also happen between Toulouse and AC Milan who have the same owners and are in the Europa League.

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so you can own as many clubs as you want at the same time as long as the others are based in saudi and you only own one in europe...joke

Not fully sure why it's a joke - having 2 teams in the same competition brings up integrity issues.  Pretty obvious to me.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Not fully sure why it's a joke - having 2 teams in the same competition brings up integrity issues.  Pretty obvious to me.

Tell that to Newcastle and Chelsea :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

to be honest i didn't even know vitoria were in the conf league. fair doos then.

11 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Absolute nonsense. Have you read the statement?

I have, but I don't see what that has to do with other teams not being asked to do the same? There's other examples of shared ownership at percentages higher than ours and clubs playing in the same tournament,

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â