Cool YouTube Channels

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2022 at 23:05, Chindie said:

So this guy has been hit hard with the influencer stick, and HE SPEAKS IN A SHOUT NEARLY but as someone with a passing interest in cars, it's interesting.

There's lots of these salvage repair channels, but this one is particularly fascinating because, by the blokes own admission, he's not a mechanic. He doesn't know what he's doing really, he's learning as he goes and using YouTube, Google and the odd phonecall to a manufacturer to work on these things. Which is both interesting and terrifying. In the main he just replaces parts that can be bolted on and off, but he's still messing with things he's not qualified to do. On this Aston he has to replace a broken tyre rod, and he nearly replaces it with a part that is from another car... On another one he's decided to modify a car as he goes which leads to needing a custom exhaust...

It is also interesting seeing Aston Martin charging £500 for a part which essentially is just a fuse that is identical to one Volvo charge £28 for. Or refusing to sell 'constituent' parts like a tyre rod standalone in favour of selling the entire system it is part of, for £6k.

And while obviously it's common for small manufacturers to use other companies parts like engines, I'd love to know what someone buying one of these things about the cars 'brain' essentially thinking it's a Merc which costs far less. Or finding Citroen electrics in it. Obviously they do the same job and by coming from a more generic parts bin is more efficient, I can't imagine they're going to be impressed when they've got the same wiring as a Citroen Picasso or whatever.

Cheers for this.

I'm working my way through each series; there are some great videos.

Really enjoying the channel.

• Like 1

Missing 411 channel with David Paulides. I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but this phenomenon about thousands of people who have inexplicably disappeared in the most strangest of circumstances has certainly caught my attention. A lot of the disappearances have occurred in America's national parks. 

Paulades usually brings out two videos a week, if anyone is interested it's, The Cannam missing Project 411.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I happened across this the other night, not sure if the channel is any good, but this is from December 1960 and has George Formby in a reflective mood. This is days away from his wife Beryl dying and weeks away from his own death. I pass his old house whenever I am up in St Annes, but it's more of a footnote, there is George Formbys house, more than me being a fan, this has made me want to look into him more though.

On 15/11/2022 at 21:55, sheepyvillian said:

Missing 411 channel with David Paulides. I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but this phenomenon about thousands of people who have inexplicably disappeared in the most strangest of circumstances has certainly caught my attention. A lot of the disappearances have occurred in America's national parks. 

Paulades usually brings out two videos a week, if anyone is interested it's, The Cannam missing Project 411.

Yes, fascinating, scary and great.

6 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yes, fascinating, scary and great.

I've honestly never been one for conspiracy theories but this really does feel like it is on to something. People having gone missing and then being found in places that have previously been searched. Missing kids,  who have been found miles from the spot they were last seen, when it defies all logic that a child so young could traverse such distances over such rough terrain. 

The strangest one that caught my attention was a young guy named Terrence Woods. He was a TV producer who was working on a show called Gold Rush. Apparently, without any warning, he suddenly dropped his radio in the dirt and suddenly started running full pelt down the side of a cliff into the forest, never to be seen again. Despite a massive search, including a helicopter and sniffer dogs, the only clue was Woods had reached the road at the base of the cliff before the scent went cold. 

And as you probably know, this is just one of many disappearance that really do leave many more questions than answers. Some of them leave you feeling really eerie. 

Despite my past scepticism, I really do feel something very strange is behind a lot of these missing 411 cases. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beard Meats Food spotted in Nuneaton this week...at the Hearty on Arbury Road of all places! It was technically my local some years ago, technically because why would I go in there, but they certainly didn't do food challenges then. 

Weirdly though, there was a short period of when the Oak, just down the road, did do decent grub. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been listening to a lot of the Undr the Cosh stuff, it's hosted by ex-players, and they get random ex-players and managers on. 

2 of the best I've listened to so far were Si Ferry and Paul Caddis. The stories about Gravesen & Di Canio are brilliant. 

I do find the 3 hosts a little bit annoying, at times they try to be overly funny, they should just keep stum and let the story telling do it's thing. 

Anyway, reason I mention it is John Gregory is the latest episode. I absolutely love that bloke, just listened to the whole thing this morning, brilliant. He loves this club and is easily my fave every manager in my time supporting us. 

Deffo worth checking out. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I've been listening to a lot of the Undr the Cosh stuff, it's hosted by ex-players, and they get random ex-players and managers on. 

2 of the best I've listened to so far were Si Ferry and Paul Caddis. The stories about Gravesen & Di Canio are brilliant. 

I do find the 3 hosts a little bit annoying, at times they try to be overly funny, they should just keep stum and let the story telling do it's thing. 

Anyway, reason I mention it is John Gregory is the latest episode. I absolutely love that bloke, just listened to the whole thing this morning, brilliant. He loves this club and is easily my fave every manager in my time supporting us. 

Deffo worth checking out. 

Nice one I'll listen to that tomorrow!

Listen to the Mark Crossley one, I reckon it's the best one.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Mentioned in the Gaming forum but worth wider viewing I think. Stumbled on this channel of an Irish chap who is focused on retrospectives of the PS1 catalogue. He has various 'series' where he focuses on different things. He's done videos on every game released by certain publishers on the system (like Squaresoft, Namco and the UK's own iconic Psygnosis), videos on every game from certain franchises (Marvel, Disney, Star Wars etc), videos on Japan only games, occasional single game reviews, and, best of all, videos on obscure/forgotten titles. Oh and game music compilations, which from the PS1 era are particularly nostalgic.

All of this is presented really well with nice music and sound work and good title and graphical style, he's quite quietly funny, and his takes on the games seem to be really on the money.

It's a really good channel, especially for anyone with nostalgia for this era of gaming, deserves to be bigger.

Particularly interesting for, as much as the PS1 had some of the best games ever made on it, it also had loads of really, really, really weird shit on it.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â