Liverpool Terror Attack

bickster

I'm just amazed that a bomb goes off, and the cabbie is up and running out of his car like Usain Bolt.  Shame the terrorist is uninsured and he won't get a replacement like for like credit hire car.

But if someone had reversed into him as low low speed causing a trivial scuff in the paint, he'd have climbed out slowly, clutching his neck and moaning about whiplash..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, veloman said:

Oh come on !  I don't think one can equate these atrocities (which  I believe were committed  mainly in a theatre of war) with the Terror threat posed in the UK. NVB - in no way do I support or seek to justify the Far Right but I wouldn't be surprised if atrocities committed in the UK by far right supporters are much fewer than those committed by (largely) discrete religious groups.

The things is, we don't know a single thing about who was responsible. Therefore instead of making any kind of sweeping generalisations based on stereotypes, the conversation currently is on the crime and not the perpetrators. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The things is, we don't know a single thing about who was responsible. Therefore instead of making any kind of sweeping generalisations based on stereotypes, the conversation currently is on the crime and not the perpetrators. 

Agreed , and I haven't suggested which group of maniacs is responsible but ... faites vos jeux . 

2 minutes ago, veloman said:

Agreed , and I haven't suggested which group of maniacs is responsible but ... faites vos jeux . 

No, but you've seemingly jumped to some automatic weird defence of the far-right - even popping the term in quotation marks, as if it's a made up thing :D.

It's a bit bizarre.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, veloman said:

Oh come on !  I don't think one can equate these atrocities (which  I believe were committed  mainly in a theatre of war) with the Terror threat posed in the UK. NVB - in no way do I support or seek to justify the Far Right but I wouldn't be surprised if atrocities committed in the UK by far right supporters are much fewer than those committed by (largely) discrete religious groups.

You'd be surprised.

The top one is in war, but the Nazis were a far right organisation.

The next one is the Oklahoma City bombing, committed by a far right rocket polisher as an 'attack on the government'. Interesting to note that the bottom floor of that picture was a nursery.

The next was the London nail bombings, attacks intending to spark a race war and kill a few gays on the way.

And the last one was the Oslo bombings, that proceeded a gun massacre, by a narcissistic neo Nazi that wanted to destroy the left and combat multiculturalism (and nicked the Unabomber manifesto to make his point).

There's more far right terror than might be imagined. And has been for a while.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There's more far right terror than might be imagined. And has been for a while.

It's also a growing thing.  I remember reading not so long ago that the far-right terror threat in the US is now greater than that of Islamist extremism.  Similarly the highly-publicised racism issue in this country is apparently fuelling the far-right.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Juju said:

I'm just amazed that a bomb goes off, and the cabbie is up and running out of his car like Usain Bolt.  Shame the terrorist is uninsured and he won't get a replacement like for like credit hire car.

But if someone had reversed into him as low low speed causing a trivial scuff in the paint, he'd have climbed out slowly, clutching his neck and moaning about whiplash..... 

Bloody Hell Juju, thats some reappearance. Hope you're well

Probably didn't realise that the MIB now cover acts of terrorism for claims

2 hours ago, bickster said:

They are and I can say that with 100% confidence

The car is still moving when it explodes, if the doors were locked him getting out would have opened them. I drive the exact same car

Possible scenario: As the taxi enters the hospital the driver spots the guy has a bomb and quickly locks the doors so he can’t get out, maybe bomber was trying to get out but couldn’t. Bomb goes off in the back whilst trying to get out. Driver then opens his doors (all unlock but it doesn’t matter at that point). Driver stopped the bomber leaving with the bomb knowing it might cost his life. Praise well deserved for the cabbie.

Edited by Genie

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Possible scenario: As the taxi enters the hospital the driver spots the guy has a bomb and quickly locks the doors so he can’t get out, maybe bomber was trying to get out but couldn’t. Bomb goes off in the back whilst trying to get out. Driver then opens his doors (all unlock but it doesn’t matter at that point). Driver stopped the bomber leaving with the bomb knowing it might cost his life. Praise well deserved for the cabbie.

This bullshit started with a supposed friend of the driver claiming this in an interview last night and keeps getting perpetuated by The Mayor of Liverpool and now Boris Johnson. The interview with the "friend" describes events that didn't happen and are now known in the public domain not to have happened. The Police revealed today where the journey started in part, I suspect, to quosh that story, it was rather early in the investigation to reveal that

1 hour ago, veloman said:

wouldn't be surprised if atrocities committed in the UK by far right supporters are much fewer than those committed by (largely) discrete religious groups

Everybody here knows my attitude to religion, but your choice of words implicitly blames the religion itself - and by association, any adherent of it - for the atrocity. Out of order. 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Everybody here knows my attitude to religion, but your choice of words implicitly blames the religion itself - and by association, any adherent of it - for the atrocity. Out of order. 

Absolutely not ! I refute that. Surely there are bad apples in all religions; even Buddhists and Sikhs  who I happen to have a lot of time for. 

33 minutes ago, veloman said:

Absolutely not ! I refute that. Surely there are bad apples in all religions; even Buddhists and Sikhs  who I happen to have a lot of time for. 

‘Even’ Buddhists?

The Rohingya Muslims driven out of Myanmar say hi!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Even’ Buddhists?

The Rohingya Muslims driven out of Myanmar say hi!

Hence the expression bad apples . Look ; the only thing that people on this Forum have in common is support for Aston Villa ; it would be highly unlikely that they would agree on all other matters - particularly politics and religion (maybe agree that Ant and Dec should be removed from our TV screens). So would it be best to leave it at that and see  what 'cause' this vile individual supports before commenting further.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

They are and I can say that with 100% confidence

The car is still moving when it explodes, if the doors were locked him getting out would have opened them. I drive the exact same car

Child locks for the back doors?

14 minutes ago, Risso said:

It's been a long time, but back in my "needing to get a late-night taxi" phase it was pretty much standard that the driver could press a button to lock you in, lest you decided you didn't want to pay.

Then again, @bickster is literally the last person in the world I'd quibble with on the logistics of the taxi world. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Risso said:

Illegal in a PHV and they can only be manually set from the lock mechanism in the Focus unless there’s a button I've never encountered

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

It's been a long time, but back in my "needing to get a late-night taxi" phase it was pretty much standard that the driver could press a button to lock you in, lest you decided you didn't want to pay.

Then again, @bickster is literally the last person in the world I'd quibble with on the logistics of the taxi world. 

That would be a Hackney carriage and you aren’t locked in as such, the doors only stay locked whilst the vehicle is moving or the driver keeps his foot on the brake pedal

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â