Michael Beale

maqroll

On 25/11/2022 at 20:56, gwi1890 said:

Definitely , not showing much ambition going to Rangers or backing himself.

I just don't get it. Turns down a Premier League job at Wolves, but gets his head turned for the Scottish Premier. 

They must be offering him a fortune. 

27 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I just don't get it. Turns down a Premier League job at Wolves, but gets his head turned for the Scottish Premier. 

I guess Athletico Bilston just don't have the pull 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Far more chance of relegation with Wolves.

Far more chance of silverware with Rangers.

Probably has more control over transfers at Rangers.

Knows the club at Rangers, so has a better idea of what he’s walking into.

On a more personal note, perhaps he and his family enjoyed living up there.

41 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

He has no chance of getting a Premier League job at Rangers though. If he did well at Ranges he would probably end up at a team like QPR

Since 98 only Rodgers and the clown we hired have got Premier League jobs from an Old Firm club

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has no chance of getting a Premier League job at Rangers though. If he did well at Ranges he would probably end up at a team like QPR

Since 98 only Rodgers and the clown we hired have got Premier League jobs from an Old Firm club

To be honest, I wasn’t basing my thinking on him wanting a premier league job down the line.

I’m sure he does, so yeah, doing well in the championship with QPR maybe is more likely to open that door (even if he doesn’t have them promoted). 

I think it’s just having rangers on your CV looks good and maybe still carries a certain cache. And maybe it’s more short term thinking on his part, try and rack up a few trophies over the border.

Ah yeah because the last Rangers manager struggled to get a decent job in the premier league……

Going to Rangers is a step up from QPR. You’re plying your trade in front of 50,000 home fans every game instead of 15,000, there’s opportunities to manage in Europe and build a reputation outside of the UK and of course, there’s a roughly 50% chance of winning any of the available trophies in Scotland each season.

Pay will probably increase and he has a rapport with the fanbase already, additional to that it’s a real opportunity to go some way to proving that Rangers’ previous title win was more down to him than Gerrard (as I think most folks suspect now).

All in all, aside from the ignominy of having to take a bit of flak for moving on after recently declaring himself fully invested in QPR, it seems a no brainer for him.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Still a step backwards for me, in a career sense.

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah yeah because the last Rangers manager struggled to get a decent job in the premier league……

Going to Rangers is a step up from QPR. You’re plying your trade in front of 50,000 home fans every game instead of 15,000, there’s opportunities to manage in Europe and build a reputation outside of the UK and of course, there’s a roughly 50% chance of winning any of the available trophies in Scotland each season.

Pay will probably increase and he has a rapport with the fanbase already, additional to that it’s a real opportunity to go some way to proving that Rangers’ previous title win was more down to him than Gerrard (as I think most folks suspect now).

All in all, aside from the ignominy of having to take a bit of flak for moving on after recently declaring himself fully invested in QPR, it seems a no brainer for him.

Gerrard only got the job because of his name and his connection with Purslow

Neil Lennon, Ronny Deila, Gordan Strachan all won the Scottish League in the last 15 years and never got a sniff of a decent job

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Neil Lennon, Ronny Deila, Gordan Strachan all won the Scottish League in the last 15 years and never got a sniff of a decent job

You’ve changed your tune, you were a massive Gerrard fan 😉😁

On 24/11/2022 at 12:37, The Fun Factory said:

Dyche? He can't get a Premier League club and going to a west london club is good for your media profile.

Think with what Dyche said on the radio a few weeks back he was hoping the Leicester job would've come up (although like us and Wolves I don't think they'd have considered him).

Think he'll be the next Everton manager anyway. Tarkowski and McNeill are already there and Everton are pretty much at the stage where they'll have to scrap out 5-6 ugly 1-0s to stay up for second season running.

Like the guy said over the page not sure what is the fascination with this guy anyway?

Would be a bit like us having 80 page thread on Eric Black (shudders) after his comical caretaker spell in charge. Is he even still working in football now. Maybe Rangers will hire him instead if Beale turns them down...

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Martin O’Neill’s previous job before us was Celtic, to be fair, even if he’d been on sabbatical to care for his wife. 

Not that I disagree with your point anyway. 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

MLS Cup winner, now Standard Liège manager and not least former manager of the mighty Vålerenga Ronny Deila, you mean? 😉

I don’t mean to pick on you, mate, I’m just in a silly mood. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

MLS Cup winner, now Standard Liège manager and not least former manager of the mighty Vålerenga Ronny Deila, you mean? 😉

I don’t mean to pick on you, mate, I’m just in a silly mood. 

Dont worry 😂

But all them achievements and he is obviously a decent manager but he is not close to getting a Premier League job

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Dont worry 😂

But all them achievements and he is obviously a decent manager but he is not close to getting a Premier League job

I wasn’t too worried 😉 

And, to be honest, I just wanted to get in a shout out to my local club. He isn’t Premier League material. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â