Michael Beale

maqroll

25 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Do we know when Alonso started following Villa on Instagram? It might have been when Gerrard joined, in which case, the rumor is a load of speculation.

Errr....you obviously don't know how this works on vt!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

Gerrard may have been very reliant on Beale at the very start of his managerial career, but how long have they been working together? 5 years? In daily contact I'd imagine. Surely Gerrard would have picked up the bulk of things by now.

Having a new coach/assistant like Alonso might be a good thing. New ideas to think about. 

Plus Alonso is part of the old Liverpool boys network. Purslow's plan is coming to fruition ;) 

Definitely hope so. If the profiles of our summer targets are unchanged, we retain enough of the set up that learnings from the last six months aren't wasted and we can perhaps add some new elementsto that then great.

Alonso, from the little that can be found about his tactics at Sociedad sounds like a good fit for this - narrow defensive set up, possession based attack with utilisation of attacking wing backs, alongside some different attacking ideas - though whether he's a realistic option given it looks like he's being touted for at least one top tier European managerial position is another matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So Alonso new manager after Gerrard gets sacked in November ? ;)

Always thinking ahead ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Gerrard may have been very reliant on Beale at the very start of his managerial career, but how long have they been working together? 5 years? In daily contact I'd imagine. Surely Gerrard would have picked up the bulk of things by now.

Having a new coach/assistant like Alonso might be a good thing. New ideas to think about. 

Plus Alonso is part of the old Liverpool boys network. Purslow's plan is coming to fruition ;) 

The Masterplan

5 years kit changes to red and blue

10 years full red kit, annoying anthem written by old bloke and stop paying for tickets

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's fine and subject to opinion.

But Google pretty much ANY list of " The best midfielders of all time " and then get back to me mate.

Yeah I know. Like I said, just my opinion of what elite is. As those lists are all just opinions as well. All depends how long you make the list as well. I mean I’d make a list of the 8 billion greatest human beings alive today.

Anyway, anymore guff from you and I’m going to tell all my Jamaican friends (total of zero) you find Xabi Alonso (a man) attractive. 

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah I know. Like I said, just my opinion of what elite is. As those lists are all just opinions as well. All depends how long you make the list as well. I mean I’d make a list of the 8 billion greatest human beings alive today.

Anyway, anymore guff from you and I’m going to tell all my Jamaican friends (total of zero) you find Xabi Alonso (a man) attractive. 

Understood, but in all honestly, he's usually in the top 10 ( 20 at max ). Mind you, the ones you mentioned are as well ( Aside from Veira ) surprisingly.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is promoting one of our many coaches from within, out of the question?

SG promoted Liam Bramley and then Bramley shortly went to join Norwich with Dean. I think Danks may take more responsibility if/when Beale leaves. Who knows? I would say the majority of us don't know our elbows from our arses on a coaching pitch. 😂

However, I think it is a sign of a poor manager if they struggle without a certain coach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Better now than just before or during the season sure, but I doubt anyone is questioning that.

The point being made is its not ideal he's leaving irrespective of timing given his supposed influence on the set up and possible negative impact on any progress made in the last six months including any prep for this summer's business based around said set up, if him leaving means that all changes or the set up remains but is less effective without his coaching.

To be fair the post I was responding to was talking specifically about the timing. 

Â