Michael Beale

maqroll

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We did and we did in a very much underwhelming way. We failed to win so many games that we should of won. the games we did win were still pretty dismal.

He may improved Villa’s metrics, but the over all picture is that it didn’t transform an awful lot. We were poor, we were obvious and we didn’t achieve much more than what Smith and shakey did.

maybe it’s not having his own preseason, maybe it’s stevie G, maybe it’s the players. But I’d expect a “tactical genius” to overcome these hurdles. 

it’s a shame he won’t be proving the doubters wrong this coming season. But he’s got a big boy job now and I wish him all the best. I’m sure we will find someone else. Hopefully someone who can make a real difference. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886m9p811ch8tm9rzijov

Most of the wins after Gerrard's first two games were comfortable. A lot of the defeats were close and swung on individual errors, shit reffing or exceptional opposition keepers. Newcastle, Watford and Arsenal we're the only disappointing ones from a tactical performance perpective, they were all 1-0 defeats and certainly the first two were still close enough they could have easily gone our way.

Below is an extended version of the same graph. More defensively solid than at any point since promotion and creating more offensively than at any point since promotion bar the 20/21 season opening with Grealish and a virtually unchanged XI. And this in first 6 months at club, while implementing a completely new system, with some players unsuited to key positions within it. I don't understand how that can be considered poor. Especially when a lot of the chat on here pre-appointment seemed to be we are too open and weak defensively that's exactly where the most dramatic change has been.

image.thumb.png.42e2754c16c0ffb8579979303ff43637.png

One thing I will say is that recent history has not been too kind to us when managers have lost assistants.

MON lost Robertson and things began to fall apart (iirc)

Lambert lost Culverhouse (?) and seemed to lose a bit of spark.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Other than arteta I can't think of anyone who has made the step from assistant manager to PL manager 

If he wants to be a future PL manager then it's the way to do it

The idea that villa assistant manager is a better job seems very c&b specs to me 

Agree 100%. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

One thing I will say is that recent history has not been too kind to us when managers have lost assistants.

MON lost Robertson and things began to fall apart (iirc)

Lambert lost Culverhouse (?) and seemed to lose a bit of spark.

I think Robertson left Villa same time but retired and MON was useless after that

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably one of the most intelligent players to play that game pkus has played under Pep, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Del Bosque, Rafa etc so should have picked up many different styles if took them on board

This guy sounds to have alot of the same qualities as the Aston Villa Manager 👀 🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder if James Milner and Ashley Young have done any coaching badges?

Think i'd like a more senior figure who's done the job for a while. 

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This guy sounds an awful lot like the Aston Villa Manager 👀

Except our manager played under one of them managers and won nothing what Alonso won as a player and no comparison between the football brains

Alonso was a much more intelligent player than Gerrard was and the superior player

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It’s pretty pathetic to still assume Gerrard doesn’t coach. He evidently does. I’m sure we have someone lined ups 

There are even training ground videos of him coaching on the OS. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Except our manager played under one of them managers and won nothing what Alonso won as a player and no comparison between the football brains

Alonso was a much more intelligent player than Gerrard was and the superior player

Correct

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So he's thick, played under shit managers and was an average player?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

More defensively solid than at any point since promotion and creating more offensively than at any point since promotion bar the 20/21 season opening with Grealish and a virtually unchanged XI. And this in first 6 months at club, while implementing a completely new system, with some players unsuited to key positions within it. I don't understand how that can be considered poor. Especially when a lot of the chat on here pre-appointment seemed to be we are too open and weak defensively that's exactly where the most dramatic change has been.

This should be the case playing with the likes of Digne and Coutinho not Neil Taylor and Hourihane.

We are going to get better again next season. We're spending too much money not to. It's whether we're spending the money well, and whether the manager is maximising the resources on offer.

20 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Most of the wins after Gerrard's first two games were comfortable. A lot of the defeats were close and swung on individual errors, shit reffing or exceptional opposition keepers. Newcastle, Watford and Arsenal we're the only disappointing ones from a tactical performance perpective, they were all 1-0 defeats and certainly the first two were still close enough they could have easily gone our way.

Below is an extended version of the same graph. More defensively solid than at any point since promotion and creating more offensively than at any point since promotion bar the 20/21 season opening with Grealish and a virtually unchanged XI. And this in first 6 months at club, while implementing a completely new system, with some players unsuited to key positions within it. I don't understand how that can be considered poor. Especially when a lot of the chat on here pre-appointment seemed to be we are too open and weak defensively that's exactly where the most dramatic change has been.

You are literally putting graphs in a monkeys face with me. 

yes I agree there was signs of improvement, but not enough to make a real affecting difference. we were meh under Smith and we were just as meh under stevie G/M Beale, despite having some fantastic signings. 

so for that reason, I’m not fussed we are losing Ian Beale. 

I’ll look at QPR and see if I’m wrong. For their sake I hope I am

• Haha 1

I used to work with one of the assistant coaches at QPR (Matt Gardiner) when had a normal job about 15 years ago. Might have to put in a non-threatening word with him about this 😂

It is a tricky one, we won't know how this will affect us until we are in the midst of next season.

Gerrard has placed too much emphasis on Beale in interviews/podcast which is why many of us are questioning Gerrard's ability.

Gerrard clearly has his own idea of playing but may be incapable of coaching it at a higher level to his players which is where Beale fits in.

The world of football is huge and it is an industry of talented coaches, players act.

We will be able to attract someone capable of doing what Beale has done maybe even better.

The challenge is, how quickly can the new coach adapt, does he have the right personality and not create a divide in the dressing room, does Gerrard trust his judgment enough to listen and not bypass his advice at the 72nd minute when we are down by one goal.

We are fortunate enough that we have someone which an incredibly high stature to attract the right clientele.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

It is a tricky one, we won't know how this will affect us until we are in the midst of next season.

Gerrard has placed too much emphasis on Beale in interviews/podcast which is why many of us are questioning Gerrard's ability.

I always took an opposite view tbh mate. It’s good leadership to acknowledge people in your team that do things better than you. I don’t think it should be a stick to beat Gerrard with (I know you’re not doing that) because he has said that someone who has 20yrs coaching experience is probably better at it than himself having 3/4. 

It’s not an ideal situation because they are clearly close, but I don’t subscribe to the notion that it will create huge problems. There are many talented coaches out there. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â