Michael Beale

maqroll

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is interesting. I actually don't like the way we're set up at the moment, so hopefully a new coach will come with some new ideas.

*Cough* 4-2-3-1 *Cough* 3-4-2-1 *Cough*

There was me thinking you’d be a 4-123 kinda guy 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Will be interesting to see if he goes older or same age group, someone in another mentor type role as gmac or the likes of Ashley Cole

Gabby has his badges... 

Didn't realise Beale had spent time as Sao Paulo assistant manager 

Under Rogerio Ceni which is why I am annoyed he hasnt trained Martinez to score free kicks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, useless said:

Ian Cathro available.

No thanks, couldn't cut it in Scotland as a Manager ( a quick Google says the players said his training wasn't good enough) and has since followed Nuno around with a bad brand of football.

Not for me.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Beale may have a difficult time implementing his way of playing at QPR, considering we haven't been able to implement it ourselves with prem league players.

Be surprised if that's his preferred way of playing. Surely directive comes from Gerrard.

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Gabby could offer to work here for free and it would still be a hard no.  

Did his team of the season yesterday. Kyle Walker got in for playing 20 games and Harrt Kane who did nothing before Christmas 

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did his team of the season yesterday. Kyle Walker got in for playing 20 games and Harrt Kane who did nothing before Christmas 

I’m surprised he didn’t pick an all Grealish XI

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Beale may have a difficult time implementing his way of playing at QPR, considering we haven't been able to implement it ourselves with prem league players.

Obviously the quality around him will be lower in that league. And he had got SPL players doing it. 

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just left as a coach or as number 1?

Managed their B side. To a promotion last season I believe, remember reading at the time that it was their first in about 5 decades or something. Also had a similar role at Madrid that Gerrard had at Liverpool previously. He was meant to take over at Mochengladbach before he bailed to take the Sociedad gig though so maybe it's just a pipe dream and he has his sights set on a head coach/manager role, I like the idea all the same though.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I’m surprised he didn’t pick an all Grealish XI

He did get asked his midfield and joked Ramsey and McGinn then he remembered we had a 3rd midfielder Luiz after a few seconds 😂

He also said every team should play 433

22 minutes ago, dubliner said:

It's only one coach from a whole team of coaches.

Gerrard has played under some top managers and played with some top players so will have picked up endless amounts of experience over the years.

As others have said it's not like Beale decided everything. 

Gerrard is the manager and hopefully with better players he can prove now how good he is.

Not as if he'll be short of contacts for a replacement either 

I've seen nothing to suggest Gerrard is a tactically astute manager.

Player pull and pashun are his key attributes.

We need a replacement for Beale asap.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Man what are Villa going to do without our that tactical genius that got us to 14th

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886xw6v3q4pohhz62y8j4

Perhaps the most vital moment in Aston Villa's campaign was the decision to replace Dean Smith with Steven Gerrard in November.

Despite a mediocre 14th place finish, the switch has been wholly justified, especially when it comes to defensive displays. Gerrard's reputation of being an outstanding organiser at Rangers has translated to the Premier League.

Villa conceded 20 times in 11 matches under Smith this season, averaging 1.66 xGA per game. In the subsequent 27 games with Gerrard as manager, they've allowed 34 goals and averaged 1.37 xGA per game — a significant improvement of 0.29.

Aston Villa's 10-match rolling xG averages | Premier League 2021/22

• Like 1

sounds like we've been aware of his interest in a manager job for a while. be amazed if we don't have a shortlist to start working through already

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's shit but this really is the best possible time for it. Not mid-season.

Also bit worried Beale could take some underneath coaches away with him. Any coaches he's been impressed with can now go and be his assistant manager as a step up.

Lange should have some names around but there will be no relationship there with Gerrard or players. This is the lead training ground guy, it's a very important role.

You're vulnerable like this when you appoint an old school manager who's not a coach.

Exactly. If it was going to happen this is the best time for it. Get a new man in for pre season 

Wouldnt suprise me if he tried get carragher on board although why would he leave his comfy job at sky

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â