Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its just gut feel Nick, but it doesn't mean I am wrong, just not evidence based.....time will tell.

I managed to manage up well, when I was working ,because my performances allowed me to....buy he ho, just my take on it.

Its not about throwing it back in your face, some of us need more evidence and others, thats perfectly normal.

I loved his touch on Dean Smith, showed his humility side, which is ALSO paramount.

Oh I agree, and I hope you are right, I want that enthusiasm for him and the future.  I didn’t want him as manager and it’s taking me time to accept him.  I’m getting more enthused by him reading what the Rangers fans thought of him but a lot of the faults thrown at Smith, the Rangers fans had with Gerrard which is interesting.  I wasn’t against him as a player, I loved the way he played even though he was a rival player and if he can redirect that to his management then we have a winner!  I’m looking forward to the future with nervous optimism but concerns me the clamour about him from some fans is because of how he played and his name, it’s still early days for his managerial career, just hope we’ve got in early on a winner.

He’s our manager now, I will back him 100% at games, at when I’m in the ground at Villa Park and hopefully my brain and heart will fill in the reservations over time in between games.

• Like 2

Spoke very well in the interview, it’s interesting he mentioned making the defence more solid which has been a major weakness. I expect a few senior players will get a wake up call as well. Looking forward to what Steven and his team can do..

23 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Rightly so. You can have all the talent in the world but if you're not bringing it then it's useless. The likes of David Bentley for example. Had ridiculous quality, he had his moments but could have been a ridiculous talent if he had the desire. He was honest enough to get out of the game early when he could have milked it for a good while longer. 

I'd like to think we're going to be exposed to those who really want it and those who don't won't be here much longer. 

I think the likes of Buendia and Sanson are going to thrive here. 

You are so right......Application is key.

its been one of my frustrations, watching us lately.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh I agree, and I hope you are right, I want that enthusiasm for him and the future.  I didn’t want him as manager and it’s taking me time to accept him.  I’m getting more enthused by him reading what the Rangers fans thought of him but a lot of the faults thrown at Smith, the Rangers fans had with Gerrard which is interesting.  I wasn’t against him as a player, I loved the way he played even though he was a rival player and if he can redirect that to his management then we have a winner!  I’m looking forward to the future with nervous optimism but concerns me the clamour about him from some fans is because of how he played and his name, it’s still early days for his managerial career, just hope we’ve got in early on a winner.

He’s our manager now, I will back him 100% at games, at when I’m in the ground at Villa Park and hopefully my brain and heart will fill in the reservations over time in between games.

Dean was very talented in lots of ways, so it doesn't surprise me that SG overlaps with some of Deans prowess.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Loved the fact that he said we will be aggressive against Brighton.

If I don't see 7 yellow cards and red I'll be disappointed.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Shitting themselves I’m guessing given how sloppy they’ve been recently 😂

Nick, We have to wipe the slate clean and start again.

We will never know what went on behind the scenes, I have a hunch, Dean had some difficulties to deal with.

I guess a new voice, will raise the Ante and a new zest and enthusiam for working hard may ensue ( thats no disrespect to Dean)

Dean may have been undermined a bit and that could have got to the players.....while I feel the decision was right, I do feel sad for him.

• Like 1

We're all excited but let's not start dancing like JoJo the Indian circus boy too quickly, he could have us bottom and be sacked by Christmas, our squad is at least midtable material but it will be difficult to snap the lads out of this zero confidence, disorganized mess that we have rapidly become. This task is difficult but he is a confident S.O.B.

• Like 3

He answered the question about Liverpool perfectly.  He needs to squash that nonsense and he did it by acknowledging it and then focusing 100% on the Villa and determination to win under any and all circumstances.  If he can keep that attitude going at Anfield he will go a long way to winning me over.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Shitting themselves I’m guessing given how sloppy they’ve been recently 😂

just seen a van pull in to BMH, with "emergency Immodium delivery" on the side.

surely, he hasn't had that long to tell them of his plans?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We're all excited but let's not start dancing like JoJo the Indian circus boy too quickly, he could have us bottom and be sacked by Christmas, our squad is at least midtable material but it will be difficult to snap the lads out of this zero confidence, disorganized mess that we have rapidly become. This task is difficult but he is a confident S.O.B.

At the same time this is why we have to get excited now...if we don't now we may never be able to :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Thought he came across really well. I think he will know exactly what he wants from our squad and he will let them know, if he's not getting it ("no excuses"). I think we have a man here who can develop with us into a very, very good manager and that can only be good for our football club. Nice words about our club, Dean and us fans, as he said it is what happens on the grass that counts. He has my full support and I'm sure we will give him a warm welcome to our club and the time to turn around performances to what we, and he expects to see from our football club. 

Any idea when he will do a press conference?

Edited by John
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

At the same time this is why we have to get excited now...if we don't now we may never be able to :D

My excitement will likely only come when I see it on the pitch.  I will back him obviously but the excitement part is down to what he does.  Get that right I’ll be his biggest supporter and defender.  I know fans can be the twelfth man but for the first time I need them to get me going initially rather than the other way around.

Laser focussed. I get the impression I could listen to him talk about football for hours and not get bored. I remember him being similarly engaging as a pundit. 

It's not a knock on Smith per-se, but I do find that kinda thing an important factor towards the whole 'experience'. Maybe more more so than somebody being a fan. 

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â