Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

This transfer window started professionally, then went very quiet ,and has now descended into confusion. I don't know who's to blame for our naivety but Lange and Gerrard will be under the microscope. Purslow is also culpable but I feel he is too important to NSWE currently to feel their wrath.

When the window closes tomorrow night Gerrard will know that in a short time barring an unlikely win against one of the next two top teams that await us, he will be confronted by the Grim Reaper alias Wes Edens.

SG's last chance starts tonight.

In all my 37 years of supporting Villa I’ve never wanted us to lose before. Not only do I want us to lose I want us to get absolutely battered and embarrassed to the point there’s no more wiggle room for Gerrard/Purslow/The Board to slime their way out of it. 

Can’t stand SG, I’ll never like him, he’s as thick as mince and I just want him away from this club. He’s made everything dour, miserable and poisoned again. It feels like THAT year again. 

I want to enjoy being a Villa fan and I want to like the manager we have. Bit this is just shit. The only way he is sacked tomorrow is a 7/10-nil thumping. 

I feel dirty saying that. Im not even 100% sure I want it to actually happen as it hurts Aston Villa but I want the dumbass gone asap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I’m Gerrard Out but I I do feel fans will moan about the team whoever he puts out to suit their agenda

He dropped Luiz, the only midfielder that plays with any clue...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I’m Gerrard Out but I I do feel fans will moan about the team whoever he puts out to suit their agenda

The agenda of wanting Villa to have the best chance possible to get a result or at least play well.

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's almost like he wants to be sacked

I did actually look at the team and think that it was a “last roll of the dice” type selection. He’s gone back to his favourite midfield, that he trusts and it’s win or bust! It feels as though he knows it’s unlikely to get back from where he is.

By now it's obvious that the team's 'management' is beyond personnel or formations. He could be given the Man City squad and he'll still be clueless about how to get them to play winning football. 

We have much deeper problems than quality of individuals and how narrow we're set up. 

• Like 1

I’ve tried to defend Gerrard and give him a chance for a while. But it’s clear it ain’t working and the longer we leave it more damage will be done until the inevitable.  However I have no issues with anyone that still defends or support him.  I don’t get why these people are being attacked.

• Like 1

Â